More threads by josharkness

Reaction score
If you have a service area business as a client and their GMB address is hidden (because they don't accept clients at their location), how would you build citations in directories which require the full address? Will you use the full address or just enter the city as address (ex. Tampa, Tampa FL)?

I have personally used the address,with no more info with mine.
Even my Google map goes to it.
As a private residence,(I work out of my apartment) and have gotten no flack from any of the search engines.I just list the main listing pointed to my apartment complex.

There are a handful of citation sites that will allow you to just list the city, state and treat it like a hidden address. If you're a service business those are the ones you want to be on. Yext also allows you to hide the address when opting into their service, so that's another option.

The problem with listing your full address is that once it's out there, it's out there. If you registered your business with the state using the home address, then it is possible that could be found eventually. If you go around creating citations with your home address, then it's definitely out there quick.

Many sites will list the address and won't specify whether it's a home address (think the 2nd and 3rd tier directories). In that case you may see people trying to visit your home to get help, which isn't ideal.

Some sources to consider:

I have personally used the address,with no more info with mine.
Even my Google map goes to it.
As a private residence,(I work out of my apartment) and have gotten no flack from any of the search engines.I just list the main listing pointed to my apartment complex.

You need to hide the address on Google if you work out of your home. Click the button in the dashboard that says "I serve customers at their place of business" (or similar wording)

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom