More threads by Eric Rohrback

Eric Rohrback

Solutions
Reaction score
Read this article from Joy - https://moz.com/blog/roi-local-seo

100% agree with her; there is too much data and too much noise being presented to clients. "Noise" for a client would be keyword rankings. 1st position on a keyword you're tracking doesn't necessarily mean profitability. If the business isn't profitable, then what's the point of tracking that keyword?

I'm a big fan of using LTV to discuss marketing targets with customers. That also helps us get into Cost Per Lead and Cost Per Acquisition figures, which let's us know if the campaign is doing well or not. I think the idea of showing the consultant's value is fantastic. I'll be borrowing that idea and putting it at the end of presentations/reports to solidify the point.

What else are consultants using to report, and what metrics do you think are important to clients?

I should add, if you're just sending automated Google Analytics PDFs... that's lazy. Stop doing that now.

Thanks so much for sharing this Eric. Can't wait to read it.

Anything by Joy is great, but the way you've summarized it - this sounds like a "must read" for all local consultants! Adding this image for incentive to go read - it's brilliant!

5991f3cb8e39f1.69489683.png

5991f3cb8e39f1.69489683.png

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom