More threads by Travis Van Slooten

Solutions
Reaction score
I'm working with a dentist in another state. When he Googles his practice name he gets his main practice listing shown in the knowledge graph on the right side of the search results. It's not claimed, however, as it says, "Is this your business?"

In the meantime, I set up a practitioner listing for him in Google My Business so that the title reads: Practice Name: Dentist's Name (and it is claimed).

I need to work with him to get the main practice listing claimed but for the life of me I cannot find the listing! How do you search for multiple and/or duplicate Google Maps listings these days?

When I go to Google Maps, no matter how I search I can only get the practitioner listing I created to show up. I can't get his main practice listing to show up. And oddly enough, the dentist never sees the practitioner listing when he searches and only sees the main practice listing.

And just another side question...once I can find and claim the main practice listing, should I continue to maintain both listings or is it better to delete the practitioner listing?

Thanks,

Travis

Colan:

Thanks for the link to Joy's article. It was very helpful!

Here are the specific business details. Here is the practitioner listing I set up and we claimed several weeks ago. This is the only thing I see when I search for his name:

https://www.screencast.com/t/zoimvLiaGDY

This is a crude screenshot from my client that shows what he sees when he does a search:

https://www.screencast.com/t/xcocL0qk

If you look closely at the screenshot, there is a link that says, "is this your business?" I'm assuming that's a link to claim the listing, right? I can't get this listing to show up no matter how I search.

Travis

In the meantime, I set up a practitioner listing for him in Google My Business so that the title reads: Practice Name: Dentist's Name (and it is claimed).

I need to work with him to get the main practice listing claimed...

Hey Travis, long time no talk.

The way you set up the listing: "Practice Name: Dentist's Name" is not a regular practitioner listing, that's only for a solo practitioner. If he's the only Dr and plans to stay that way, then that's the correct name format and it's the only listing he can have claimed. So the other would be considered a dupe.

FYI little typo in the practice name on that claimed listing. Could mess with rankings, since it's a variation of keyword people might use when searching.

If you look closely at the screenshot, there is a link that says, "is this your business?" I'm assuming that's a link to claim the listing, right? I can't get this listing to show up no matter how I search.

Travis

That's correct.

Hey Linda! Great to hear from you. Thanks for pointing out the typo. I can't believe so many people missed that! I missed it, the dentist missed it, and his entire staff missed it too. Geez.

This is a solo practitioner so that's why it's set up the way it is. Glad to hear I did it right.

Does anyone have any idea how I go about getting the other duplicate listing deleted? I can't find it anywhere to begin with. So much has changed regarding how to hunt down duplicates that I'm completely lost now. When I go to Google Maps and search, only the claimed listing comes up.

My client is the only one that can get this duplicate to show up. Like I said earlier, he can't even see the one I set up as it doesn't come up.

I need to figure out how to find that duplicate and how to get it deleted.

Travis

I might be wrong, but it looks like your second screen shot is Bing and not G. I can't find a practitioner listing for him. But as Linda and Colan said, if he's the only doc at that location and planning on staying that way for a while, you have it set up correctly.

Scott:

You're a genius! The second listing is Bing!! Good eye:)

The client told me he saw it on Google so I didn't give it second thought (just assumed I was looking at a Google result). Arggg.

Thanks Scott!!

Travis

P.S. Should I set up the Bing listing like the Google listing so it's:
Practice Name:practitioner Name

or should I just roll with the practice name on Bing?

Set it up the same way on BING.

Good eye Scott!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom