More threads by Durandl

Solutions
Reaction score
Hi there

I have been contacted by a small business to help them with their SEO effort.
The business is a children's club offering drama classes, music classes etc...

Looking at their online visibility shows they don't even have a Google my business profile which is where i was going to start however, they operate from a local school after hours. The local school already has a GMB profile, obviously with the same address and postcode.

Is it possible to set up a GMB for the children's club anyway?

Many thanks

Hi Durandl,

This is what the guidelines say:

Ineligible businesses
The following businesses aren’t eligible for a business listing:

Businesses that are under construction or that have not yet opened to the public.

Rental or for-sale properties, such as vacation homes, model homes or vacant apartments. Sales or leasing offices, however, are eligible for verification.

An ongoing service, class, or meeting at a location that you don't own or have the authority to represent.

So technically it sounds like they should not have a listing. Plus think it would be hard to get the school to get you the pin in the mail. Depending on size, who knows who checks the mail?

Maybe there is some gray area or others have an idea... ???

At this point, I wouldn't recommend getting a Google My Business listing. Your best bet is to set up a Facebook page and try to connect with people locally.

Where you set your priority all depends where the target audience is. If you're trying to get parents to sign their kids up for classes, then Facebook may be a solid option. If you're trying to get the kids interested, then maybe some creative YouTube videos could help with branding.

Definitely get them set up with a good website, and target organic ranking. Local maps (like Linda mentioned) may not be an option.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom