More threads by Garrett Sussman

Reaction score
5 More Unique Email Templates for Requesting Online Reviews

review-request-template.jpg

Don?t you dare! Don?t ask for that.

The voice in our head screams danger when it?s time to ask customers for reviews. You feel afraid. You know you?ve done an amazing job for them. Your product exceeded their expectations, your services offer more value for less money.

You?ve blown them away with your amazing work.

But the fear crops up. Maybe you?re being a pest, an irritation to your customers. Maybe they don?t want to give you a helpful review.

What if it damages the relationship.

When we allow these thoughts to take control, we?re far more likely to take the easy way out. We simply refuse to ask for the reviews we need. Instead of sending customers to 3rd party sites to share their reviews, we refuse to ask.

We take the easy way out and we don?t get what we want.

Asking for reviews is the problem

When do you ask, how do you ask?

Are there signals a customer sends to let you know that it?s an appropriate time to request a review? Is it wrong to ask?

In my first post I shared 7 email templates you can use to ask customers for reviews. Here are four more email templates you can use.

I?ll also go over the details behind these reviews ? when to use these templates, where you use them and how you maximize their effectiveness. Using these templates may feel risky, dangerous or even stupid. That?s a normal part of the process.

Let?s take a look.

Template #1: Priming customers for reviews

Part of the reason customers aren?t always happy to receive a review request, is simply because they?re unprepared for them. Customers typically have this perception of the sales process ? it goes something like this:

?I give you money, you give me a product or service, we?re even.?

Priming customers is a simple and straight forward way to prep clients to give you reviews. You ask at the beginning of your relationship and then at the end of a sale, once your business with your customer is complete.

Here?s how you do it.

Hi Jan,

Thanks for your trust in us with [problem]. I know we?re going to achieve amazing things together! I had a quick question for you:

What can we can say or do to earn a review from you?

We?ve made our 416 customers very, very happy and they?ve decided to share their experience. Are you interested in sharing yours? You can share your thoughts here. [link to review sites or review funnel]

Would you let me know?

Andrew McDermott

Here?s why it?s so effective. You?re getting customers to set the conditions you?ll need to meet to receive a positive review from them. What?s better, you?re getting it ahead of time. You?ll get the specifics you need to ensure your customers are happy and satisfied.

Use questions to nail down any vague answers.

Want to improve your odds of getting an amazing review? Follow these steps:

1. Prime customers with the question: ?What can we say or do to earn a review from you??

2. Get a small list of specifics and metrics to beat.

3. Outperform. Dramatically meet and exceed your customer?s expectations.

4. Remind customers about their metrics, show them how you?ve exceeded their expectations.

5. Ask customers for their feedback immediately.

This works because it tells customers what to expect, it?s a wonderful thing even if customers respond negatively. And, that could happen.

Customers can and will say no. Some customers will simply reject your request, they?ll respond negatively or they?ll refuse. Believe it or not, this is a very good thing.

You know exactly who you?re dealing with.

You?ll be able to segment your customers, to put unresponsive or unwilling customers into a nurturing campaign. You?ll have the opportunity to find the reason behind their rejection.

This is powerful because it enables your customers to self-identify.

Read the rest of Andrew's post here, to see his 4 other email review request templates.

review-request-template.jpg

Thanks Garrett! This is an awesome resource to offer our members!

This is awesome! Thank you Garrett!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom