More threads by Caroline

Reaction score
My client has three locations with an address in each. We've set her up with GMB pages for each location with the URL pointing to the location page in each one. When we do the search on their name and location e.g. "company name Glasgow" there is no business page showing.

Only the GMB page shows when we do their company name without a location and it happens to be the first location they had in Edinburgh.

Why are no other GMB showing? They are all verified. Two of the three location pages are not ranking at all either although indexed. At a loss but think it is related to the GMB issue?

Be grateful for any help.

Hi Caroline,

It's hard to say much without seeing the actual profiles. I'd be happy to take a look if you're comfortable posting name/address/phone numbers. When did you add the two new locations?

Hi James,

We added these new location pages about 3 months ago.

Home Report Company

You'll see the location pages we've built.
[h=2]GLASGOW OFFICE[/h]272 Bath Street
Glasgow
G2 4JR
[h=3]PHONE: 0141 433 8011[/h][h=2]ABERDEEN OFFICE[/h]111 Gallowgate
Aberdeen
AB25 1BU
[h=3]PHONE: 01224 660695[/h]
Many thanks for any help.

I think I know what you mean. I believe that only homepage URLs can be inserted (or at least or meant to be) in a GMB listing. It sounds like you're saying you have created 3 GMB listings each of which link to a location landing page on the website.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong on this. What is the right way to approach different locations for the same business?

Hi,

No we can insert the location page URLS into the Google My Business page and we have done so. My question is why do these location pages not rank or show the GMB page.

Yes all verified by pin. The Edinburgh one is not hidden as is staffed. The other two (Aberdeen and Glasgow) are set as SAB.

The Aberdeen URL is ranking but the Glasgow one is not. Is it due to competition maybe? The Glasgow URL doesn't even figure in the top 50 whereas the Aberdeen URL is number 5. Same setup for both. Since I wrote this question, the Aberdeen GMB has appeared too. But Glasgow not. Very confusing!

I do see them all.
Screenshot 2017-10-11 16.44.10.jpg Screenshot 2017-10-11 16.44.44.jpg Screenshot 2017-10-11 16.45.00.jpg

I believe the Glasgow is not ranking yet due to competition

Screenshot 2017-10-11 16.44.10.jpg

Screenshot 2017-10-11 16.44.44.jpg

Screenshot 2017-10-11 16.45.00.jpg

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom