More threads by shanedrumm

Reaction score
Hey,

I have a client that has been setup by Google as a service location because there was already a registered business in his current location. The issue is i can't get it to appear on google Maps for that local town name.

The keyword I'm looking for is "Carpet Cleaning Busselton" they are not even listed in the maps even though they are in that location.

Here is their actual map listing https://www.google.ie/maps/place/Pr...ved=0ahUKEwjh-LzH7erWAhXEDcAKHVMdB6gQ_BIIczAK

Can anybody advise on how i could get them appearing in the results please?

Things you can try:
- verify the GMB listing
- citations
- how old is the:
*business
*website
*the actual map listing?

Edit: Actually I got the desired result in incognito mode:
Screenshot 2017-10-12 13.31.27.jpg

Screenshot 2017-10-12 13.31.27.jpg

Things you can try:
- verify the GMB listing
- citations
- how old is the:
*business
*website
*the actual map listing?

Edit: Actually I got the desired result in incognito mode:
W-Z5ab1qi9JR39u8Yoh15Tl72eJkfbmt4t8yenImKBV9ip2J1EIeUzA9paTSgKmv.jpg

Thanks for looking into this.

The GMB is verified.
Site already has citations
Site over 1 year old
Map listing 2-3 months

Recently embedded map on 500+ locations and no appearance which has warranted the investigation.

I think the issue is because Google set it up as a service location not a physical location but as you can see in the listing it is for that area and should be appearing https://www.google.ie/maps/place/Pr...ved=0ahUKEwjh-LzH7erWAhXEDcAKHVMdB6gQ_BIIczAK

Really confused why its not appearing :(

Hey Shane,

There's a number of reasons why Google would leave out results in the local finder. Possum appears to no longer be filtering related businesses at the same address in the US at least, so that's probably not your problem, but just in case UK's lagging on that front... what's the other business you share a location with? Is it related at all to carpet cleaning? The other reason Google can skip you, is if you have an overly young listing (sounds likely), they don't have enough trust in your business information and authority (NAP issues or insufficient citations on major directories, and/or your website is ranking really poorly)

I noticed your site is on page 2 for your keyword phrase, could be that working on your organic SEO and waiting a few more months would help out. New listings take a while to age in, 3 months is still kind of early.

Having a SAB doesn't affect rankings as far as I can tell. I haven't investigated in quite a while, but when I looked into it it didn't seem to correlate with rankings. You will still appear most readily for searchers local to your hidden address, just like a normal brick and mortar. If you are in fact a SAB (you don't accept drop ins during stated business hours) then don't change it, it's the right setting and shouldn't count against you.

If you're confident that you've hit all the other bases (citation coverage, the website is set up properly, etc.) then I'd say to focus on organic ranking and review gathering for 3 months and see where that gets you.

Hey Shane,

There's a number of reasons why Google would leave out results in the local finder. Possum appears to no longer be filtering related businesses at the same address in the US at least, so that's probably not your problem, but just in case UK's lagging on that front... what's the other business you share a location with? Is it related at all to carpet cleaning? The other reason Google can skip you, is if you have an overly young listing (sounds likely), they don't have enough trust in your business information and authority (NAP issues or insufficient citations on major directories, and/or your website is ranking really poorly)

I noticed your site is on page 2 for your keyword phrase, could be that working on your organic SEO and waiting a few more months would help out. New listings take a while to age in, 3 months is still kind of early.

Having a SAB doesn't affect rankings as far as I can tell. I haven't investigated in quite a while, but when I looked into it it didn't seem to correlate with rankings. You will still appear most readily for searchers local to your hidden address, just like a normal brick and mortar. If you are in fact a SAB (you don't accept drop ins during stated business hours) then don't change it, it's the right setting and shouldn't count against you.

If you're confident that you've hit all the other bases (citation coverage, the website is set up properly, etc.) then I'd say to focus on organic ranking and review gathering for 3 months and see where that gets you.

Hey James,

Thanks for taking time to look into this for me. No the same business is a holiday park as far as I know so Google set it up for him to cover the region instead of physical location.

Which sounds like right setting alright since he doesn't get call ins only does callouts.

Will review the citations, its just confusing that its not appearing when it seems every other carpet cleaning company is on that list except my clients.

Always happy to help. If you're sure citations are solid, move onto backlink building and building organic ranking. The site's ranking matters too, and it's currently down on page two. Citation work won't fix that. Brightlocal's got a pretty solid competitive citation research tool, you should be able to tell in a few minutes if your Citations still need work.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom