More threads by Hammer

Hammer

LocalU Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have insight into how to totally delete a location?

We work with U.S. mortgage loan officers, some of whom have tried to set up stuff on their own, and created multiple locations.

You used to be able to quickly and easily delete a location. Now, Google makes it so you can only unassociate it with an account... but not delete the location.

Does anyone have info on this?

I guess the only way to delete locations now would be to contact Google directly...

Thanks!

- Hammer

Does anyone have insight into how to totally delete a location?

You used to be able to quickly and easily delete a location. Now, Google makes it so you can only unassociate it with an account... but not delete the location.

Actually it's been like that as long as I remember. Once you delete it only deletes from your dash, listing stays live on Maps.

You can try to edit right on the G maps listing. Click edit, then click yes at top "place does not exist or is closed", then click radio button for "does not exist".

Good Morning,

Once you've unassociated it the quickest way to have it removed is by having another user confirm that the location is closed permanently. For faster results have a couple people do this and Google will remove the listing quicker.

Enjoy your week!
:D

Thanks Jon,

Marking is closed could pose problems in this case I think. If I understand the issue - it doesn't sound like these were valid locations that closed. They were invalid listings that should never have been created.

Google does not remove Closed listings. She just adds a big red "Permanently Closed" label to the listing.

It's happened in the past many times that a consumer searching for the brand name, ends up seeing the "Permanently Closed" listing and could think the company is closed down then surfs off to a competitor.

If a locations that WAS valid closes, the only option is to mark it closed, because Google knows it existed and wants to leave a record of it being there previously.

Thanks. My concern though is that we don't want it to show as closed - because it's a duplicate only, and it's not really a closed location.

Linda, I respectfully disagree. I absolutely have cleaned these up in the past, on numerous occasions, as recently as a couple of months ago. Google has even moved the "delete" option around before - but now it's just gone.

:)

Thanks for the help though!

- Hammer

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom