More threads by Thomas MyLocal

Reaction score
Holiday Home is a category available in the GMB dashboard but Google states that they are not eligible for a listing on GMB.

One of my clients appears to have been able to set up several holiday homes with their own GMB listing but another has just had their first attempt suspended, I suspect because it used the category Holiday Home.

What is the situation with Holiday Homes and GMB listings and why is that category still an option when setting up a GMB listing? I have several agencies whose business is letting Holiday Homes and they are asking me if they can list individual properties on GMB and I am saying No even though the category is available. Am I right?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thomas

Hi Thomas,

My guess is the issue is whether they are staffed or not. Some might have the owner living right there, or a rental office where someone is available to show the property.
Face-to-face contact is the key. G does not want someone driving across town only to get to a business and no one is there to help them.

But I assume most Holiday Homes have a remote owner, property manager or even online booking, hence no one at that property location.

Linda

That makes total sense, thank you. I think my clients will understand the logic.

Regards

Thomas

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom