More threads by leves

leves

Reaction score
Are reciprocal google reviews allowed ? Eg. in a B2B relationship could 2 companies review each other ?

If they have interaction with each other, I don't see why not. I've seen it done before.

Would they cancel each other out / cause a penalty for either or both companies ?

Google paints with a broad brush and I believe sees most reviews as C to B.

I believe G at times will take down exchanged reviews.

There are a lot of review exchange scams out there. Chiros and Attnys for example getting together and all review each other, even though they are in different parts of the country and have never been there as a client.

So as usual the ones that don't play by the rules, hurt the honest companies.

Now if they are truly each other's clients and have been a customer of the other, then they CAN according to guidelines, but the above scenario could possibly trip them up.

I wouldn't think so. These companies offer their services to another company, then it would be allowed to leave a review. I don't see this (and don't think G will either) as a conflict of interest.

Conflict of interest: Reviews are most valuable when they are honest and unbiased. If you own or work at a place, please don’t review your own business or employer. Don’t offer or accept money, products, or services to write reviews for a business or to write negative reviews about a competitor. If you're a business owner, don't set up review stations or kiosks at your place of business just to ask for reviews written at your place of business.

I would only do this if both parties are actually customers of each other, which is true on specific occasions. For example, the insurance company for a restaurant might actually go have lunch there (and thus are a customer).

If both parties are not actual customers of each other than avoid it.

I agree with Joy. However, there is another component to the issue...

It goes against Google's policy to offer an incentive for reviews. If you say to your customers, "If you post a review for us, we'll post a review for you," that sounds a lot like an incentive. On the other hand, if you post reviews first and then say to those customers, "I posted a review to your GMB listing. Would you do the same for me?" I wouldn't consider that an incentive.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom