Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Member Since
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    2,857
    Thanks (Received)
    7
    Likes (Received)
    11

    GMB Booking Feature

    I'm curious if anyone has setup the booking feature in GMB for their business or for any of your clients.

    How did you find the sign-up process?

    Which scheduling partner did you go with? Why that one?
    Colan Nielsen l GMB Top Contributor
    Vice President, Local Search at Sterling Sky
    Connect on Google + and Twitter

  2. #2
    Member Since
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    7
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Re: GMB Booking Feature

    I've used it for a few clients that already used a 3rd party scheduler (not one of Google's listed partners). There was no process, just edit to add calendar URL to GMB listing. Still early, but seems to be helping drive appointments compared to previous periods.

  3. #3
    Member Since
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    2,857
    Thanks (Received)
    7
    Likes (Received)
    11

    Re: GMB Booking Feature

    Quote Originally Posted by Rik Delta View Post
    I've used it for a few clients that already used a 3rd party scheduler (not one of Google's listed partners). There was no process, just edit to add calendar URL to GMB listing. Still early, but seems to be helping drive appointments compared to previous periods.
    Thanks Rik. So you just added the new partner URL in GMB and now they have the big blue booking button in their knowledge panel?

    Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Colan Nielsen l GMB Top Contributor
    Vice President, Local Search at Sterling Sky
    Connect on Google + and Twitter

  4. #4
    Member Since
    Sep 2014
    Location
    San Marcos, CA
    Posts
    528
    Thanks (Received)
    1
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Re: GMB Booking Feature

    I like to set them up to point to a page on the client's domain that then redirects to the actual scheduling page.

    For example, in my own GMB page the link is to this URL:

    https://eldersell.com/apppointments

    ...and that takes the user to the actual scheduling page at:

    https://cal.mixmax.com/timcolling

    I just think that looks nicer.

  5. #5
    Member Since
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    7
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Re: GMB Booking Feature

    Reply to Colan (and Tim's) RE: my previous post, no - there is no button we are doing exactly what Tim is doing. Setting up a 301 URL on client site that points to scheduler and putting that in GMB listing.

  6. #6
    Member Since
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    9
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Re: GMB Booking Feature

    I think what Colan is referring to is the new GMB feature that allows visitors to make an appointment inside GMB and which requires to use one of Google's partnered scheduling systems:

    Name:  0DD583B1-CBED-47DB-B648-11B26C33CAFA-760x400.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  67.6 KB

    I would also be very interested to know if anyone who's implemented it has seen an increase in bookings compared to the simple link to the appointment page (which Rik and Tim I believe are referring to):

    Name:  google-my-business-appointment-url-example.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  40.1 KB

  7. #7
    Member Since
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    2,857
    Thanks (Received)
    7
    Likes (Received)
    11

    Re: GMB Booking Feature

    Quote Originally Posted by Kostas Nicolacopoulos View Post
    I think what Colan is referring to is the new GMB feature that allows visitors to make an appointment inside GMB and which requires to use one of Google's partnered scheduling systems:

    Name:  0DD583B1-CBED-47DB-B648-11B26C33CAFA-760x400.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  67.6 KB

    I would also be very interested to know if anyone who's implemented it has seen an increase in bookings compared to the simple link to the appointment page (which Rik and Tim I believe are referring to):

    Name:  google-my-business-appointment-url-example.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  40.1 KB
    Thanks Kostas. Yes I'm referring specifically to this feature https://www.blog.google/topics/small...nesses-google/

    Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Colan Nielsen l GMB Top Contributor
    Vice President, Local Search at Sterling Sky
    Connect on Google + and Twitter

  8. #8
    Member Since
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    9
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Re: GMB Booking Feature

    @Colan Thanks for doing a comparison of all the services.

    Have you seen an increase on the number of bookings made directly on GMB vs following the old appointment link?

    Thanks

  9. #9
    Member Since
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    2,857
    Thanks (Received)
    7
    Likes (Received)
    11

    Re: GMB Booking Feature

    Quote Originally Posted by Kostas Nicolacopoulos View Post
    @Colan Thanks for doing a comparison of all the services.

    Have you seen an increase on the number of bookings made directly on GMB vs following the old appointment link?

    Thanks
    You're welcome. No we have yet to collect any data around this feature.

    Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Colan Nielsen l GMB Top Contributor
    Vice President, Local Search at Sterling Sky
    Connect on Google + and Twitter

Similar Threads

  1. The Knot Adds Budget Planner To Location Booking Services - GeoMarketing
    By Local Search News Curator in forum RSS: Featured Local Search Blogs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-11-2016, 11:23 AM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-29-2015, 02:38 PM
  3. Google Launches Local Restaurant Delivery & Appointment Booking
    By Linda Buquet in forum Google Local IMPORTANT
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-12-2015, 06:55 PM
  4. Error while looking up this feature, please try again
    By Jody Thomas in forum Google Map Maker
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-03-2014, 09:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •