More threads by Colan Nielsen

Colan Nielsen

Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
I'm curious if anyone has setup the booking feature in GMB for their business or for any of your clients.

How did you find the sign-up process?

Which scheduling partner did you go with? Why that one?

I've used it for a few clients that already used a 3rd party scheduler (not one of Google's listed partners). There was no process, just edit to add calendar URL to GMB listing. Still early, but seems to be helping drive appointments compared to previous periods.

I've used it for a few clients that already used a 3rd party scheduler (not one of Google's listed partners). There was no process, just edit to add calendar URL to GMB listing. Still early, but seems to be helping drive appointments compared to previous periods.
Thanks Rik. So you just added the new partner URL in GMB and now they have the big blue booking button in their knowledge panel?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I like to set them up to point to a page on the client's domain that then redirects to the actual scheduling page.

For example, in my own GMB page the link is to this URL:

https://eldersell.com/appointments

...and that takes the user to the actual scheduling page at:

Mixmax · Tim Colling's calendar

I just think that looks nicer.

Last edited:
Reply to Colan (and Tim's) RE: my previous post, no - there is no button we are doing exactly what Tim is doing. Setting up a 301 URL on client site that points to scheduler and putting that in GMB listing.

I think what Colan is referring to is the new GMB feature that allows visitors to make an appointment inside GMB and which requires to use one of Google's partnered scheduling systems:

0DD583B1-CBED-47DB-B648-11B26C33CAFA-760x400.jpg

I would also be very interested to know if anyone who's implemented it has seen an increase in bookings compared to the simple link to the appointment page (which Rik and Tim I believe are referring to):

google-my-business-appointment-url-example.jpg

0DD583B1-CBED-47DB-B648-11B26C33CAFA-760x400.jpg

google-my-business-appointment-url-example.jpg

I think what Colan is referring to is the new GMB feature that allows visitors to make an appointment inside GMB and which requires to use one of Google's partnered scheduling systems:

silhouette28.png

I would also be very interested to know if anyone who's implemented it has seen an increase in bookings compared to the simple link to the appointment page (which Rik and Tim I believe are referring to):

silhouette28.png
Thanks Kostas. Yes I'm referring specifically to this feature https://www.blog.google/topics/small-business/easy-booking-button-businesses-google/

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I don't really use an online appointment booking solution at the moment as it's not part of my sales process, but I did want the button on Google :)

So I found one with a decent free Tier, up to 50 appointments / month called simplybook.me

This is the page I setup in 5 minutes, haven't put much effort into it: Adam Potaznik

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom