More threads by elwalker

Reaction score
I've noticed a big change in my local results for searches for vacation rentals, holiday cottages etc. The GMB local pack has been replaced by a non-GMB Local Finder box, similar to the Hotel search box. Please see attached. This has got me in a bit of a panic because I've been optimising my clients for GMB - now it has been replaced by something new.

Has anyone else noticed this rollout recently?

Does anyone know how to get listings into this service? I think it must be the Hotel Listings feed within Hotel Ads (which is pretty technical) but wondered if anyone knows any different?

Has anyone already achieved inclusion in the local finder, if not for vacation rentals, then perhaps for hotels?

cornwall_holiday_cottages_-_Google_Search.jpg

It's definitely Hotel Ads. Has anyone helped clients with this, can offer any advice?

If the main option to get that real estate is hotel ads, then I guess you need to start paying for that space. As long as other channels are driving solid traffic to the site (organic, referral, social), then it shouldn't be as big of a hit. Just means you need to either adjust the strategy or start paying for that ad space.

What else (besides GMB) are you working on for clients?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom