More threads by TLDN

TLDN

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I came across this site recently, they rank 1st and 2nd for over 500 keywords. Only backlinks are citations and spam ( they seem to have also been targeted by an old school neg seo campaign).

They have a single page website, yet rank for keywords which do not appear on their site.

Can anyone see how they are doing it?

https://goo.gl/44cq6R

Re: 1 page website, ranking for over 600 keywords...How!

Welcome TLDN, thanks for joining us!

Thanks for a great ranking puzzle and for putting your post in the right place! :)

Hopefully some of our pros will be by to give you some insights soon and I'll take a look later if I can too.

Amazing, thanks Linda!

Quite interesting.

Most of the keywords are ranking on the homepage. And, their traffic getting better after July 2017.

Oops, what I can see in their backlinks and anchor profile. Does this help?

The confusion is that they only have a homepage. It’s a 1 page website! There are no hidden pages at all!

There's a slider script installed but it doesn't seem to be doing anything, unless they've found a way to hide the content except for bots...

Good question @djbaxter. That is the question to find out. Is it intentional/tactical or just a preference?

It seems to me it is accidental.
It just looks like it is an un-finished website. It looks like there are sections made on the homepage to appropriately link out to other pages but the links aren't there.

In checking WayBack Machine Wayback Machine the site looks the same back to 2015 when it appears it launched.

But I know that doesn't make sense that the homepage would rank for so many keywords when it is so unfinished like that. As others have mentioned it has to be a backlink program running that is making this happen more than a "natural" manner.

Some side notes is that the web development company was called PDW Digital Marketing in 2015. https://prnt.sc/iq6k82
Which was Website Design Internet Marketing In Swansea -We Are Digital Marketing but now redirects to Website Design Internet Marketing In Swansea -We Are Digital Marketing

Site seems fixed as its showing other pages in the main nav.
Many of its kw anchors are "bad naughty words" revolving around sex..
... most of those naughty anchors are from this year.. could be someone trying to do some negative SEO, these links are also from high url/pagerank pages.

The main money kw's its ranking for are

clothing manufacturers uk

and
clothing manufacturer

I think they are ranking from the many local legit business directory sites they are on
They are also on plenty of niche related forums w/ bl's

But that seo/website company that did the website seems a bit fishy, Im guessing there are some ppbns involved with this one too.

Thier kw density is below 1%.. thats super low

Here is the company who made the site:

www.wearedigital.marketing/portfolio/dsa-manufacturing/

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom