More threads by jrobbins

Solutions
Reaction score
Is the following an option? Creating a Dupe G Page In order to delete one with a bad review...

No, once you create the duplicate page Google will either suspend it as a duplicate or you will have two pages and from there all you can do with the two pages is merge them which would keep the reviews in play.

I would encourage you not to stress or worry whatsoever about a less-than-perfect review. Even the best businesses in the world get the odd unhappy customer. There is no pleasing everyone.

This study actually found that having a 4.2-4.5 rating was best for conversions:

"We recently partnered with Northwestern University and found that a perfect 5.0 star rating isn’t the most desirable. Instead, a consumer is most likely to purchase a product when its average star rating is between 4.2 and 4.5 stars. Why? Because a perfect 5.0 rating is seen as too good to be true. An average star rating of 4.2-4.5 stars, however, is seen as more transparent and balanced."

The Positive Side of Negative Reviews

I would suggest replying to the review and thanking the customer that left it for their feedback and asking them if there is anything you can do to improve their experience next time.

Awesome reply and I agree! Thanks so much Colan!

Thanks for the note Colin. This review, admittedly is of suspicious nature and one that we need removed as we know the source and motive behind it (former employee). G still advised is that it meets G guidelines so we will try another route. Thanks again!

@Pollini

What Colan said.

Also, Google doesn't really delete listings these days, and reviews that you can't get manually removed (for policy violations) never go away. Google reviews seem to be kept in a different bucket from the one GMB pages are kept in. Even if the page is "permanently closed," the bad review will still exist, and Google may move it to the page you want to keep.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom