More threads by consultant

Reaction score
Seems like I'm seeing more service area businesses with no visible address making it into the 3-pack than before. I had previously thought, due to the fact on 3-pack and map results Google wants to map the business location, there was a strong preference (all other factors equal) to businesses with visible addresses. Anyone know if Google has dialed back the preference recognizing a very large percentage of businesses are service area businesses and/or by appointment only?

There was a time years ago when having a visible address directly impacted ranking, positively. That's not the case anymore.

I could see it having an indirect impact since people tend to trust, and therefore click listings that have a visible address over one that doesn't. But that's just a hypothesis based on conversations with friends and family.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Yes, I agree with Colan, for the past 3 or 4 years it didn't matter. I saw markets where everyone in the 3 pack (or 7 pack) had address hidden and the ones with address showing happened to rank lower.

I agree with Colan and Linda - it isn't important any more for the industries that I work in most of the time, at least.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom