More threads by JimFranco

Reaction score
Looking at a lot of high ranking sites in different industries. I see they are filled with PBN backlinks and paid backlinks. Its very obvious. Where people would never get a backlink from sites or blogs other than it had to be from paid services.

The spam from this and ranking benefit is worse now than it has ever been because of it. Worse than before penguin.

Re: When will Google finally cracked down and do something about PBN ?

I have a contact at the spam team. If you want to send me the details in privacy I am glad to try to run it up the ladder.

they will never be able to stop it because in order to truly stop it you would need a huge team manually reviewing everything for every website...just not feasible.

this is where the algo updates come in, but again, if there is nothing "fishy" in the layout, content, domain itself, the automatic detection and algo's will always have a very hard time weeding them out.

If you have a truly good PBN network, you mimic real looking websites so much so that at the end of the day, there is really not a big difference between a PBN and a real blog or website.

A lot of the bigger marketing companies who actually do good SEO have created directories and blogs that are real and relevant (ie:niche blogs/sites) They contain real, valuable information and so at what point does a PBN become an actual legit site? The lines become very blurry.

Definitely best to just ignore and do what you can to start being better than them.

The way most PBN's are created today, you can easily tell them apart. Content with exact match anchor text in them. There's always a pattern. The rule of thumb is if you can detect it as a human, the algorithm probably isn't that for from being able to detect it either.

However, that is is an interesting point about "where is the line on when a PBN becomes a real, functional site with valuable information"? I think that's an excellent point.

On topic though, I don't worry about PBN's. As the poster above me says, just work on your own backlinks. It's all you can do. And PBN's can't mimic local flavor for backlinks.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom