More threads by mikepcservice

Reaction score
Hey guys, can anyone help advise me on which would be the best kw's to choose from my list for a blog please? Shall I attach the kw research results here?

Hey Mike,

Sure, feel free to share the list here.

Have you already created the blog post and are just waiting to optimize before publishing?

Cool thanks. This system isn't allowing me to upload the excel file so best I can do is share a link to the file in Onedrive:

Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

Please note guys, that I am not asking anyone to simply tell me which 4 focus kw's for virus removal will be best for the writer to write the blog for local SEO. Instead I would very much appreciate if anyone can tell me "why" the 4 kw's were chosen to be the best?

With that knowledge I can then learn to help myself for my other services kw's, you know "teach a man to fish.....".

I have to sign off for tonight, been a very long day for me, will check back in the morning for any possible answers, thanks.

p.s. The kw's on the right are what I think will be the best 8 and the 3 in red are what I think will be the best of all?

At first glance it looks like the red keywords are selected based on the fact that they have a decent search volume and low competition. That's a good start.

The other important consideration when choosing target keywords is "intent". In other words would the intent of a user searching those keywords match what you want them to do when they arrive at the page on the website?

What's the goal of the blog article?

What is the blog about?

At first glance it looks like the red keywords are selected based on the fact that they have a decent search volume and low competition. That's a good start.

Yes, you read that accurately, I chose those kw's for those reasons because that was what my research on kw selection had advised.

The other important consideration when choosing target keywords is "intent". In other words would the intent of a user searching those keywords match what you want them to do when they arrive at the page on the website?

I want them to call me to fix their pc.

What's the goal of the blog article?

To get google to rank me for those focus kw's

What is the blog about?

My Virus removal services

You have asked some very accurate questions, thank you.

Currently I try to only do Virus removal which is my main specialty but also handle data recovery, operating system repair, reinstall and upgrades and HDD replacement.

i want to dominate my city for those services but mainly virus removal, the other services are all related in any case.

So I am trying to get specialized blogs for each service individually and also to avoid repeat content.

Hey Mike,

Have you already created and optimized core service pages on the site that are performing?

Just checking, because my recommendation is typically to square that away before moving on to blog posting as an SEO strategy.

Good points all Colan! Thanks as always for jumping in to help!

Yes I've had not one but a few SEO people work on the site over the years and all say it's pretty much optimized for the most part.

ok guys, I can understand that since you guys may not be familiar with my niche it may be difficult for you to advise on the best kw's for me.

So let me ask this please if I may, what formula or method do you guys use to determine which top kw's you choose for your clients? If I can gain that knowledge then I can experiment on my own.

Mike,

We typically do a few things.

We start with the core keywords and plug them into a tool such as ahrefs and run them through the "Keyword Explorer" to get more ideas and a sense of search volume and competition.

We also use tools to get "People Also Search For" keywords ideas. In other words, what are the related search terms that people are searching for so we can incorporate those we well.

I also love ahrefs "Questions" feature. This will show you the questions people are asking related to a particular search term or topic.

In addition I will utilize Google Search Console to see what queries are currently performing and which can use some work.

Hope that helps.

Sorry for the late reply Colan and thanks for sharing your methods. However, from what I am gathering from your posts is info to do kw research?

Since I have already exhausted myself doing my own research utilizing various methods and have paid people who specialize in kw research, my task now is knowing how to select which kw's from my list to optimize.

What is the determining factor which determines the one best kw one chooses for the title and h1 from their list? How does one determine from their list exactly which top kw's should be chosen as secondary kw's? This is what I am seeking to learn.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom