More threads by intlocal

Reaction score
Hi,
a quick question - if I create and verify a new GMB listing, will it create automatically a new brand account for this listing?

If so, will it appear on the brand accounts list on myaccount.google.com/brandaccounts ?

Scott is correct. GMB listings are now linked to the address on the Map, and not the business. I once got a very sharp rebuke from Google support that a listing does not belong to the business after they asked me to unverify it, then unilaterally decided to merge it with a competitor (it was a partnership that split, and the listing originally belonged to the other Doctor - something only Google can see), and not the duplicate business page I was requesting the merge for.

It's annoying too because when a GMB that was once linked to a brand account becomes unverified (for whatever reason), the old GMB still shows in the dash as an unpublished duplicate that, as far as I have been able to tell, cannot be deleted without also deleting the brand account and all the other things linked to it.

Scott is correct. GMB listings are now linked to the address on the Map, and not the business. I once got a very sharp rebuke from Google support that a listing does not belong to the business after they asked me to unverify it, then unilaterally decided to merge it with a competitor (it was a partnership that split, and the listing originally belonged to the other Doctor - something only Google can see), and not the duplicate business page I was requesting the merge for.

It's annoying too because when a GMB that was once linked to a brand account becomes unverified (for whatever reason), the old GMB still shows in the dash as an unpublished duplicate that, as far as I have been able to tell, cannot be deleted without also deleting the brand account and all the other things linked to it.

Was this a call with phone support?

Yes it was. A manager, actually. Google support is who merged the listing with the competitor, which caused the competitor's GBL to show for all searches, including branded and doctor name searches, instead of my client's. Of course, this prompted a rather frantic call from me to phone support - which was escalated because I refused to end the call until I at least got an explanation as to why this was handled this way that I could give to my client. It was the manager who informed me that the listing (which we originally had verified) belonged to Google, not my client.

Client was hostile. Support had no sympathy. The listing should have been marked as moved to where the other doctor moved and opened his new practice instead of being re-branded. I have no idea if this was something they were just telling me at the time or not.. I've not had it happen again.

Yes it was. A manager, actually. Google support is who merged the listing with the competitor, which caused the competitor's GBL to show for all searches, including branded and doctor name searches, instead of my client's. Of course, this prompted a rather frantic call from me to phone support - which was escalated because I refused to end the call until I at least got an explanation as to why this was handled this way that I could give to my client. It was the manager who informed me that the listing (which we originally had verified) belonged to Google, not my client.

Client was hostile. Support had no sympathy. The listing should have been marked as moved to where the other doctor moved and opened his new practice instead of being re-branded. I have no idea if this was something they were just telling me at the time or not.. I've not had it happen again.

Yeah, I am so sorry. I don't ever call into phone support anymore.

I was reminded of why when I tried it again about 3 weeks ago. The rep looked into my issue and fixed it but then started snooping around my client's GMB page looking at their other verified pages. She found an issue and wanted to remove one of the pages. Can you believe that? Lol.

Sometimes with Google I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone. Their support used to be terrible. Then it was good for a time. Now it's gone back to being terrible plus zany.

So strange.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom