More threads by BaggySEO

Reaction score
Hi all - hope you're well.

I manage the online presence for my local rugby club and we recently received the below review:

frfc-review.jpg

To me, this is in breach of Google Guidelines as it's a review for the wrong business, so I flagged and reported it to GMB via Twitter. I received the following reply:

Thanks for reaching out! After looking at the review, and investigating its source, we've determined that it doesn't currently violate our review guidelines. We are unable to remove the review in question. Here are the guidelines: Prohibited and Restricted Content - Maps User Contributed Content Policy Help

That being said, as a verified Google business owner, you can publicly respond to reviews posted on the Google business page for your business. This is the best way to address potentially negative reviews.

To learn more about this, check out this help center article: Read and reply to reviews - Google My Business Help

Thank you for your understanding.

-P.M.

I just wondered if you guys thought this was a response I should accept or push back on? I believe the review should be on this listing:

Google Maps

Thanks in advance for your help!

J.

frfc-review.jpg

Unfortunately, in my opinion I believe you should just accept the response and move on. You or the business owner responded perfectly and anyone reading the review would understand.

This is Google's response to one of my review requests today:
[FONT=&quot]we see that you've responded to the review already, which is great! The response from the business owner gives users as much insight into the business as the negative review itself. This is the best way to address potentially negative reviews. [/FONT]

The review also doesn't hinder the rating score too much I don't think as you have 60 other reviews and the rating is at 4.2.

Good luck!

I would push back on it for sure. If you want to start a thread on the GMB forum and link to the post here, I can escalate it.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom