More threads by djbaxter

Thanks, guys.

I think he inrended to mark it as moved from his reply to my via DM:

Thanks for reaching out! We've marked the listing at "910 Randolph Dr, Appleton, WI 54913" as moved to your requested listing: "N1894 Vandenbroek Rd, Kaukauna, WI 54130", so you should be all set! It could take up to 48 hours to reflect on Google Maps and up to 2 weeks to reflect on Google Search.

I've just messaged him again asking him to correct that from "Closed" to "Moved".

However, be sure to tell Gary in the meantime, no one else should see that old closed listing. I even tried searching for R&M in Appleton and full old address in Appleton" R&M farm and lawn 910 Randolph Dr Appleton Wi. No matter how I search I only see the new listing now.

Google never removes a listing if it was actually there at one time. But it should say moved with link to new listing/location. However we've fought with Google for years over this issue and I'm not sure it's fixed.

Try support again and if you can't fix I'll see if I can do anything.

Followup in Twitter DM:

Google My Business sent you a Direct Message.
Hey there, We've marked the old location as moved, but it will show up as 'Permanently closed' on Maps for a while. If you search your business on Google web search, you'll only find the current location. It will take some time for the old listing to disappear from Maps, the feature is working as intended. Let us know if you have any questions. Thanks, -P.M.

<tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>

Followup in Twitter DM:

Google My Business sent you a Direct Message.
Hey there, We've marked the old location as moved, but it will show up as 'Permanently closed' on Maps for a while. If you search your business on Google web search, you'll only find the current location. It will take some time for the old listing to disappear from Maps, the feature is working as intended. Let us know if you have any questions. Thanks, -P.M.

<tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>

That is a really weird reply. I've never gotten that reply before.
[MENTION=19]JoyHawkins[/MENTION] have you seen this before?

I've never seen a moved listing shown as closed before either. The old link should now redirect to the correct one.

Sometimes it seems as if support doesn't know their own system, or takes shortcuts, and they count on us not knowing the difference either. I've had to get firm with a few. In this case, marking this listing as moved creates a duplicate at the new location, which then needs to be merged.

I would call at this point. Explain that you have two listings for the same business...one at the new address, and one at the old. You tried Twitter support, but they just marked it as closed to remove it form search. You need the one currently marked closed moved to the new location, and then merged with the correct listing. pleaseandthankyouverymuch.

I could be wrong though... Google may have changed things since the last time I had a situation like this. Maybe they ARE just marking them as closed until they filter out of results... But I would still call in and try.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom