More threads by Chaddow

Reaction score
Hello Everyone

I am having an issue with some locations for one of my clients

The client is a chain of hotels and they are all verified.

However the locations that are purely business hotels are emailing me asking why there Amenities are coming up with "good for kids"

I have removed this for all relevant hotels as I have verified them however this amenitie/ attribute keeps getting added back in by user edits and keeps getting flagged back to me after I have fixed it

Do I just have to keep contacting support until the penny drops with one of them or would it be worth reaching out on twitter to get this attribute completely removed?

Your help and advice is very much appreciated

Hello Everyone

I am having an issue with some locations for one of my clients

The client is a chain of hotels and they are all verified.

However the locations that are purely business hotels are emailing me asking why there Amenities are coming up with "good for kids"

I have removed this for all relevant hotels as I have verified them however this amenitie/ attribute keeps getting added back in by user edits and keeps getting flagged back to me after I have fixed it

Do I just have to keep contacting support until the penny drops with one of them or would it be worth reaching out on twitter to get this attribute completely removed?

Your help and advice is very much appreciated

Great question. Interested to hear someone's take.

I think this might be happening because of repeated user feedback. Google prompts people to answer "quick questions" about businesses when their mobile device is nearby. I get it all the time on my phone, and "Is this place good for kids" or "Is this place good for Families" comes up quite a bit for a variety of businesses - even bars.

It's frustrating for sure. I'd be interested to see if there is any other way to combat this than contacting support too.

Yes. You need to either:
  • Keep contacting Google support each time
  • Keep updating the GMB amenities data from the GMB management interface each time
  • Use bulk upload feature to upload/overwrite user-suggested data with your data on a regular basis (once/week or month)
  • Write up an API interface to overwrite the official data into the GMB listings. (API updates you can set to run daily)
  • Use a paid service which does the above for you
I currently do a combination of the above but am moving to an automated update process. For those amenities not driven by an element you can edit in the GMB interface, you'll need to continually open support tickets. That's the joy of using crowdsourcing!

Check your primary category against one that does not have the good for kids.

Hello Everyone

I think this might be happening because of repeated user feedback. Google prompts people to answer "quick questions" about businesses when their mobile device is nearby. I get it all the time on my phone, and "Is this place good for kids" or "Is this place good for Families" comes up quite a bit for a variety of businesses - even bars.

I have now been told by support that the quick questions and/or map notifications do not influence the GMB dashbord I find this hard to believe

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom