More threads by FriarTuck00

Reaction score
Is there a way to remove a listing from your BingPlaces dashboard without deleting the business from BingPlaces? We have a listing in our dashboard for a business who we are no longer working with. I'd like to "unclaim" that listing, I guess is the best way to put it. Any ideas? TIA

It's been a while since I logged into BING Places. I would assume that removing the listing just removes it from the dashboard but leaves it live on maps just like with GMB.

Is that not the case with BING?

You can remove it in the dashboard. Much like Google, this does not delete the listing itself.

I might be concerned that when you delete it though that the enhanced data is removed (pictures, description, etc.). If you're concerned about that, I would share access to the listing with them (Bing allows this now) and then remove it from your own dashboard.

Let me know if that works!

1. I find it hilarious that when I Google search for an answer to this question the best search result is this thread.
  2. I find it hilarious that Bing Places' Help portal doesn't even have a basic search function.
It appears like the only way to remove a place from the dashboard is to mark the business as closed.

Screen Shot 2020-03-25 at 4.50.55 PM.png

I suspect that this may be a clue into how a client's location was marked as closed.

Perhaps the previous agency was simply trying to remove the business from their dashboard?
That, or it was just regular old vandalism.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom