More threads by Michael Cordova

Reaction score
At the end of January 2013 we were getting the "we do not support this location" error from clicking the link in the dashboard. At this point I called the support line for verification issues to see if they could help. It turns out the listing that was claimed, at that point, was merged with another listing. I was instructed to delete the listing from the dash and to claim the following listing https://plus.google.com/112095070355993288217.

This listing has been claimed since then, but had incorrect bus name, cats, and address wasn't formatted how we want. The rep said to make whatever changes we needed and he would approve and verify the listing, so we wouldn't have to wait for the pin. Our listing was verified and has been live since then, but the info in dash never went live, such as bus name, address formatting, and cats. I have a direct line of communication with him and Ive been contacting every other week letting him know that info in dash is not live. He suggested a null edit and give it some time, but still nothing.

Today, March 19,2013, we received a call from G verifying our current address. They also asked about our old address from about 4 years ago. I told them that we are no longer located there. I performed a search in maps and our current listing in the dash, https://plus.google.com/112095070355993288217 ,now has our correct bus name, but cats and address formatting has not updated.

I also found another listing, https://plus.google.com/104307518235468019791 , with our old address "3800 North Central", then somehow changed to our current address "1700 North 7th Street". Not sure if that is even possible, but I'm sure I was not seeing things. I checked MM, but I'm not familiar with it and cant really decipher what I see. Google Map Maker

Here is snapshots from our dash currently.

Dashboard.jpg

Edit Screen.jpg

Dashboard.jpg

Edit Screen.jpg

Re: Duplicate listings after phone verification or is it a practitioner listing?

Updating title and question. Could this second listing be a practitioner listing?

At the end of January 2013 we were getting the "we do not support this location" error from clicking the link in the dashboard. At this point I called the support line for verification issues to see if they could help. It turns out the listing that was claimed, at that point, was merged with another listing. I was instructed to delete the listing from the dash and to claim the following listing https://plus.google.com/112095070355993288217.

This listing has been claimed since then, but had incorrect bus name, cats, and address wasn't formatted how we want. The rep said to make whatever changes we needed and he would approve and verify the listing, so we wouldn't have to wait for the pin. Our listing was verified and has been live since then, but the info in dash never went live, such as bus name, address formatting, and cats. I have a direct line of communication with him and Ive been contacting every other week letting him know that info in dash is not live. He suggested a null edit and give it some time, but still nothing.

Today, March 19,2013, we received a call from G verifying our current address. They also asked about our old address from about 4 years ago. I told them that we are no longer located there. I performed a search in maps and our current listing in the dash, https://plus.google.com/112095070355993288217 ,now has our correct bus name, but cats and address formatting has not updated.

I also found another listing, https://plus.google.com/104307518235468019791 , with our old address "3800 North Central", then somehow changed to our current address "1700 North 7th Street". Not sure if that is even possible, but I'm sure I was not seeing things. I checked MM, but I'm not familiar with it and cant really decipher what I see. Google Map Maker

Here is snapshots from our dash currently.

GoogleCarousel2.png

GoogleCarousel3.png

Sorry for delay responding. Getting ready for training now. Will try to reply tonight.

Can anyone else help?

Sorry for delay, Just looking at this one now.

Yes I think the other one is his practitioner listing. You can find my suggestions for MINIMIZING practitioner listings here. (Note don't claim, just do user edits.) Please read bottom one first:
Search Results practitioner duplicates - Google Places Optimization Blog

I think sometimes searching for phone in Map Maker is a better way to isolate just his listings, Providing phone # has stayed stable. Here it is: Google Map Maker

This is what I call a ClusterF* there are a bunch of dupes and merges and it's over my head. Maybe one of our map maker experts can help. They normally stop by at night and weigh in.

Thanks everyone for the advice. I changed the url to the bio page. I will keep you posted when the changes take place.

Thanks everyone for the advice. I changed the url to the bio page. I will keep you posted when the changes take place.
Michael, I'm not by a computer so I can't dive into this. But when you say you changed the URL to the Bio page which listing did you do that on? If its for the lawfirm that change would be inappropriate. However if its for your professional listing that would be appropriate. I assume you're a single practicioner firm? If so, you still can have two features. One for the business and one for you as they're not duplicates.

---------- Post Merged at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:23 PM ----------

Michael, I'm not by a computer so I can't dive into this. But when you say you changed the URL to the Bio page which listing did you do that on? If its for the lawfirm that change would be inappropriate. However if its for your professional listing that would be appropriate. I assume you're a single practicioner firm? If so, you still can have two features. One for the business and one for you as they're not duplicates.

Andrew

I changed the url for the practitioner listing. My listing in Map Maker looks like a mess and Im not familiar with it at all. Is there anything that can be done on the mm side to clean things up?

It looks like the url for our practitioner listing has been updated. I did notice that the display url is for our homepage, but when you click on it, it takes you to the bio page. Is this normal? Is the display url supposed to be the same as the url it links to?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom