More threads by Keenan Glass

Reaction score
Have any of y'all seen Places Listings showing up as an organic result? Sorry, can't figure out how to post an attachment.

locksmith 90036 - Google Search.png

locksmith 90036 - Google Search.png

Yes I've seen those. Looks like branded result.

What was the search term?

locksmith 90036

i think google would have generated a 1 box result but there is no website for this local listing.

OK think I found it:

Search for: 90036 locksmith

So it is like a branded listing because that's also the name on the listing. It's just that the listing has no web site or it would like to site instead of the G+L page.

Here is the page: https://plus.google.com/115022577851816184355/about?hl=en
Weird: Business name listed as: 90036 Locksmith☄ 24/7
Desc: 24/7 Locksmith? 3232054436 (that's the phone#)

Edited to add - posted at same time, I was researching/typing so didn't see your post.

My guess, one of those overseas scammy fraud locksmith rings did this one.

Thanks Linda, just never seen the Places Listing as the organic result all by itself.

I understand it's a spammy listing, but provided here only as an example.

I bet if we can find another listing that has no web site and search for it by name it would display the same. Seems I just recently helped someone that had web site missing here at the forum OR they wondered how a competitor could rank even though no web site, but I can't remember which post it was.

@keenan

I'm pretty sure I've seen those before. Not often, but as Linda said, it's basically a weird one-box, so it'll show up under the right circumstances.

Alas, overseas scammy locksmith, good night!

Thanks Andrew! And tell Dan thanks too!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom