More threads by Marc

Marc

Reaction score
Hi Linda and colleagues - you may recall we tried the same strategy with clients - you reviewed - and advised us the model won't work - can you help us here?

this accident PI firm in orlando has 2 listings on Page one with same NAP..
orlando car accident lawyer = kw
Orlando Injury Lawyer - Orlando Car Accident Lawyer - Florida Accident Attorneys GP rank B
Orlando Car Accident Lawyer Blog :: Published by Orlando Florida Injury Lawyers, Ward & Caggiano, PA rank just below 7 GP pack - EMD same law firm ? same NAP as main site

how did they do it? Are they safe? we still have a couple cleints with 2 sites we need to work out.

and...can we do this for other law firms, etc nationwide??

thx so very much...

Re: Same lawyer - Both sites Page 1 - Main site in G+ & pack and EMD too - how? safe?

Hi Marc, help so many folks that I don't remember the specifics and each case is different. But seems to me you were trying to rank in the 'pack' and their main site was already ranking. That's different.

In this case it's 2 different sites. Main site ranks in the pack and the other site ranks in organic. That's do-able and happens all the time. Just have to be good enough at organic SEO to get the 2nd site ranking in organic.

Re: Same lawyer - Both sites Page 1 - Main site in G+ & pack and EMD too - how? safe?

thx Linda! we were trying to get the new EMD with a downtown address to rank in the pack - which we did for a while. their main site was in the suburbs.

is it still very difficult to get in the pack with an address that's distant from the downtown core?

and how frequent % wise if its a great seo job that one can rank ABOVE the pack? I see it frequently, say 80%+ - but what is your thought?

thx again...

Getting ready to run out door. Only have time to answer the easy one.

"is it still very difficult to get in the pack with an address that's distant from the downtown core?"

Easy to check but answer TOTALLY depends on that market.

Search for "City Key Phrase" and see if any of the page one pack listings are outside of that city. If it's a non-competitve or niche market OR smaller town, sometimes you'll see a variety of nearby cities listed. BUT for most competitive markets you have to go back 3 - 4 pages before you'll see anyone ranking with an address not in the bigger metro.

and how frequent % wise if its a great seo job that one can rank ABOVE the pack? I see it frequently, say 80%+ - but what is your thought? thx again...

Yeah, it's definitely common to see organic rankings above the pack, or "blended" #1 rankings that are way above the rest of the peleton. And if your clients have those, that's good.

But what you have to guard against is being sandwiched between the super-noticeable PPC results on the top and the equally noticeable pack results below, and not having a particularly noticeable search result. My suggestion is if a given client has a #1 organic or #1 blended ranking, make sure he/she has authorship markup and/or hReview stars showing up. Otherwise you'll be pigeon among peacocks.

Nobody answered this important question.
Are they safe?

I'd say no, they are not safe. I've seen websites trying to rank for keywords/same location with different TLDs deceiving SEs like example.com, example.org, example.net but they were penalized and nuked out of top 100 in the long run.
Marc, the second site is vulnerable to EMD update. The EMD blog site has many posts containing same keyword anchor texts pointing to the main site. The link building is not natural. And as mentioned in Google quality guidelines "whether you'd feel comfortable explaining what you've done to a Google employee"
Marc, please check quality guidelines and link schemes. Both sites are not safe, they're vulnerable to next algorithm update. Just my thoughts. I'll let others here comment on their experiences.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom