More threads by Barb Davis

Reaction score
Like everybody else I was surprised by the new larger cover image that Google rolled out earlier this month. Most of our clients only have Google+ Local pages (formerly Places) that default to the huge map for the cover image. I've heard that those with Google+ Local pages cannot change their large map to an image (stuck with map at least for now). In essence only those with Google+ Business pages and Merged pages can change cover image at this point since the update? Can anybody help clarify if this is true? Thanks for any help/feedback you can provide.:)

In essence only those with Google+ Business pages and Merged pages can change cover image at this point since the update? Can anybody help clarify if this is true? Thanks for any help/feedback you can provide.:)

Hi Barb, yes as far as I know, the cover image can only be edited if you have a merged local G+ page or a G+ business page. If you just have a G+ Local page then there currently is no way to change it from the giant map.

Lots of great discussion on this thread:

http://localsearchforum.catalystema...ant/3818-google-local-huge-layout-change.html

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom