More threads by grantbrott

Reaction score
I just had a client get a bad review and had them go respond to the review. The problem now is that the response is not showing and there is no option to respond to review anywhere for his account.

Has anyone else experienced this in the past week or does anyone have any information on if this is some kind of holding period for an initial response to a review for an account or something?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Grant,

So there WAS a link to reply to review and they replied?
Now the link is missing?

Is this a Place page or a merged G+ Page?

In the Places dash if the respond to reviews link is missing that's almost always a symptom of what I call a hidden merge dupe. It usually mean the listing is dual claimed in more than one account and that's a violation and can cause all kinds of problems including review reply problems.

Here's a ton more info: http://localsearchforum.catalystema...g-dual-claimed-ranking-penalty-drop-like.html

A poke can be a temporary help but basically if there is another account out there, it's partially in control and can flip back to being the dominant listing and keep causing problems.

Its the Google Places page, I went into dashboard and clicked the link to go over to respond to reviews and there is no option in the reviews area to respond. The client last week logged in and replied to a review and now that is happening.

However in doing a search they do have multiple listings from previous addresses so I will get those cleaned up.

Any ideas on time frame once duplicates are handled for things to settle again and hopefully for the respond to reviews to show back up.

However in doing a search they do have multiple listings from previous addresses so I will get those cleaned up.

Any ideas on time frame once duplicates are handled for things to settle again and hopefully for the respond to reviews to show back up.

Hi Grant,

No you can not SEE a hidden merged dupe - they don't show up live. It's hidden, invisible and MERGED with your listing. Live dupes are different and should be cleaned up, but they don't cause this problem.

Did you read that other post? This problem means someone else has this listing claimed in another dashboard. You can't see it live.

Need to push the client about if he has listing claimed in another G account or if a staff person, web designer or previous SEO could have ever claimed a listing for him.

FYI I just updated the "Client Data Worksheet" that is one of your training bonuses in the Private Local Pro Forum. I added at the VERY TOP even above the all important NAP questions questions to try to uncover any listings that may be in other accounts.

I made lots of other improvements to that form this weekend, so download the new one.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom