More threads by Jim Froling

Solutions
Reaction score
Client had several dupe's for his business. His DBA (desired listing), his corporate name and an old DBA no longer relevant. I suspended the corporate and old DBA listing in Maps, fleshed out the proper DBA. Phone verification supplied new codes.

All was well for about two weeks. Then the proper DBA listing drops off altogether, Places dashboard says his listing is "Pending" under review and allow several weeks to resolve. In the meantime, his traffic goes flat line.

I submitted a support request through Google channels but only able to select the radio buttons as broad generalizations of the problem and its origin.

Should I just wait for Google to get around to this? I'm tempted to "Edit" the listing for the corporate listing to display the DBA with more complete company info, categories, etc. Or will this now only confuse Google further since I've put in a support request?

Kinda hard to answer in general terms without seeing exactly what we are talking about.

Have you tried a POKE? Sometimes that will pull listings right out of pending. In my training I teach that Pokes are your new best friend. :p

If you submitted via the troubleshooter, then you should get a reply in about a week and can reply back if you need to with further details to explain the problem.

"Should I just wait for Google to get around to this? I'm tempted to "Edit" the listing for the corporate listing to display the DBA with more complete company info, categories, etc. Or will this now only confuse Google further since I've put in a support request?"

Not sure what you mean. I got the impression the main listing was already optimized. But if you aren't changing NAP and just adding basic info like cats that should not hurt anything while you wait for support.

But again, support should not take weeks to get back to you, just a few days.

If you want to post a link I can take a closer look and maybe help in more detail.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom