More threads by Linda Buquet

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
You guys know I love Twitter, right? So when I discovered a post about using Twitter for LOCAL I just had to share. This post comes from Chris Auman, from Sanctuary who is also a valued member here.

Using Twitter to engage with local customers and clients

Let me say too that using Twitter to connect with a local audience is completely different than using Twitter for your own entertainment or education. Also, using Twitter to connect and engage with local customers is completely different than a business who needs to connect with a national audience. You also need a completely different strategy than an individual who is trying to use Twitter to establish their own personal brand. I?m sure there may be exceptions but hear me out.

The following are the lessons that I?ve learned:

Read the rest at the link above.

What do you think?
Any other Local Tweeting tips?
Are any of you using Twitter for local?
Is anyone Tweeting for their local clients???

Try running a twitter search for "near:cityname within:Xkm" and you will get everyone's recent tweets with a geographic radius of X around you, presuming the users around you have set their location correctly.

HA! That's a pretty neat "local' trick!
icon14.png

Thanks Daniel!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom