More threads by Daniel C Berman

Reaction score
I have a retail store client with an active profile in Google places dashboard, with all necessary info completed and a status of active in dashboard. When I click on the see your listing on Google link, I get the following message ""We currently do not support the location" on a maps.google.com domain with no change for over two weeks. I have attempted poking every couple of days with no change.

I jumped over to map maker and pulled up the address, and the business is marked as closed. Odd :confused:, but that may explain the message I have been getting in Google Places. I then submitted an edit in Mapmaker that the business is actually open. The edit was accepted but the status of the business is still marked as closed. :mad:

On top of all of this the marker for the business as to where the Google Maps database thinks the business is located is about 400 - 500ft off compared to on the ground realities that I have personally verified. Unfortunately this is just far enough to make Google think I'm submitting a duplicate in mapmaker when I am simply trying to correct bad data and get customers to this client's door.

I assume people have had similar experiences and gotten them fixed? I can PM business address data to anybody who wants to take a look.

Hi Daniel,

I would bet that the fact that the listing is marked closed in Map Maker is responsible for the message you are receiving when you click to view the listing from the dashboard.

Need a little more info to help you effectively. Please provide some more details.

Thanks Daniel.

Colan,
Thank you for replying.

Here's the entry in mapmaker - Google Map Maker As you can see, it shows the business as being closed. Obviously the business is also not located in the middle of intersection, which goes to the second point about the geo marker being off.

Here's screenshot's of the places's dashboard for it,

PlacesScreenShot1.jpg
PlacesScreenShot2.jpg
PlacesScreenShot3.jpg

Is there anything else I can get you? Thank you so much for your help!

PlacesScreenShot1.jpg

PlacesScreenShot2.jpg

PlacesScreenShot3.jpg

Thanks for more details Daniel,

Colan is actually on vacation but is generously checking in when he can but can't check that often. I am booked with consults and meetings all day but will try to get back to this tonight.

It appears to me that the location is being shown as open. Don't see "closed" right now. Looks like it was approved just a couple of hours ago. I noticed your map marker is not in the same location as it is in maps, but I'm sure that's just a matter of time to update.

Thank you Rawly for taking a look, I can confirm.

:) Now to wait a few days to see how things update, and whether I start getting a proper Google local listing page.

Hi Daniel,

Rawly is correct, the Map Maker entry appears to have been re-opened in the last 24 hours. Hold tight and see what happens in the next couple days.

Looking at the Map Maker history however looks messy. There are multiple other business names and addresses listed and it has been closed and re-opened on a couple occasions.

The original entry in Map Maker is listed as "Silver Spoon Gift Shop"

Then it was closed.

Then re-opened as "
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Boehms Chocolates & Gifts"[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Then closed and re-opened again.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Anyway, hold tight, but I think this issue needs the expert advice from Andrew or Flash.[/FONT]

About 5-6 years ago, the business was moved by the previous owners to the current location. About 2-3 years ago, the business was sold to the current owners and renamed. I agree on the messy part.

The client is now back in the local rankings including a link to her Local+ page.

SERP_Result.jpg

The ironic part is that when I go back to the places dashboard and click on the "See Your listing on Google" link, I'm still getting the same "We currently do not support this location" as I had before when the location was marked as closed in mapmaker.

I am assuming there is all sorts of things going on with the new places dashboard that we are all eagerly awaiting that may be influencing the database syncing issue here, but I just thought I would mention what's happening in case something else stands out to someone.

Thank you guys for all your help on this one!

SERP_Result.jpg

Hi Daniel,

Even with a new listing you can get do not support for about a month even tho listing is live. It just means the link in the dashboard is not syncing yet. So as long as you can find it live, you should be OK.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom