More threads by Keenan Glass

Reaction score
So, a guy posted in the Google and Your Business forum today - here...

Basically he bought an existing business that has several bad reviews. He is using a slightly modified version of the business name. Same phone. Does not have access to the original Places account. He claimed the existing listing and and made edits.

Is there a better or proper method that he should follow in this scenario?

I would think that it would be better to create a new listing and mark the old one closed, but since it's at the same location, I don't know.

Thanks for asking over here Keenan. I just posted in the thread about 15 min ago but I admitted I didn't have a magic bullet. This I think is going to be one of those damned if you do and damned if you don't situations that Google just will have a hard time with either way he goes, I'm afraid.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Yes, I saw that, thank you. I was just posting here to try to get your attention.

I wish I understood what was really going on between the Places Dashboard, the Map and MM.

Thanks Again!!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom