More threads by Linda Buquet

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
I missed this yesterday... David Mihm posted his ever-so-awesome and informative Local Search Ecosystem graphic. I can't even imagine how much time and how many brain cells it takes to create this thing.
Just amazing!

As important as the infographic is, the comments are enlightened and essential to dig into as well, since the ecosystem in local search is constantly evolving.

<a href="http://www.davidmihm.com/blog/local-seo/local-search-ecosytem-fall-2012/">Local Search Ecosystem: Fall 2012 Update</a>

Obviously this space changes pretty quickly…all that work I put into updating this graphic earlier in the Spring had a gaping hole in it by the time summer rolled around, thanks to the impending arrival of Apple Maps. Whether Apple knows what it’s getting into with Local remains to be seen…hopefully they’ve got a pretty flexible database architecture locked and loaded, in order to accommodate information from so many different providers.

This is a MUST CLICK if you work in local search. Head over to see it if you missed it.

Were you surprised by any of the players or changes?
Weigh in below.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom