More threads by Eric Rohrback

Eric Rohrback

Solutions
Reaction score
I found a few threads discussing this, but didn't see a definite answer (or maybe I missed it?). What would you say is best practice for a naming convention for a Realtor? This is the business professional listing, not the actual realty agency.

[professional name only]
[professional name] - [realty agency name]

I'm a little concerned if I list the agency's name there will be a higher possibility that the listings could get merged together. The agent would have the same address and phone number (I'm pretty sure... I need to double check on phone number) as the agency, so that could cause problems. Advice on how to proceed with this?

I found a few threads discussing this, but didn't see a definite answer (or maybe I missed it?). What would you say is best practice for a naming convention for a Realtor? This is the business professional listing, not the actual realty agency.

[professional name only]
[professional name] - [realty agency name]

I'm a little concerned if I list the agency's name there will be a higher possibility that the listings could get merged together. The agent would have the same address and phone number (I'm pretty sure... I need to double check on phone number) as the agency, so that could cause problems. Advice on how to proceed with this?
For the reasons you mention ESR, the following is best practice:

[professional name only]

While the other is accepted it does more harm than good as far as I'm concerned.

For the reasons you mention ESR, the following is best practice:

[professional name only]

While the other is accepted it does more harm than good as far as I'm concerned.

That's what I thought. I just wanted someone to confirm what I was thinking. Thanks guys

@EsR

Yeah, ideally you'd list the realtor's first and last name only. If the agency's name is in there in addition to the realtor's, you may have serious issues with merging. I found this out the hard way a couple of years ago.

If your client says that the agency's name must be in the name of the listing, at least make sure he/she knows that there could be problems down the road.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom