More threads by revium

revium

Reaction score
I tried searching to see if a question like this had already been posted, but I did not find one, so I apologize upfront if one exists and I could not locate it.

I have a business that currently has 3 locations and the NAP is consistent for all 3 locations and they are performing well. We are opening a 4th location at an address that previously had a business using it and the old business at that location is not marked as moved or closed.

What is the best process to go about claiming this new address for the business?

Should I mark the old business at the address as closed/moved and then create a new listing for my business at the new location? Or do I even need to attempt to mark the old business as closed/moved?

If I should mark the old business as closed/moved before I create a new listing for my business, how long should I wait between marking it closed/moved and creating the new one?

Thanks in advance for any help or direction you can provide.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried searching to see if a question like this had already been posted, but I did not find one, so I apologize upfront if one exists and I could not locate it.

I have a business that currently has 3 locations and the NAP is consistent for all 3 locations and they are performing well. We are opening a 4th location at an address that previously had a business using it and the old business at that location is not marked as moved or closed.

What is the best process to go about claiming this new address for the business?

Should I mark the old business at the address as closed/moved and then create a new listing for my business at the new location? Or do I even need to attempt to mark the old business as closed/moved?

If I should mark the old business as closed/moved before I create a new listing for my business, how long should I wait between marking it closed/moved and creating the new one?

Thanks in advance for any help or direction you can provide.
I'd mark the current location you're going to have your 4th location in as closed explaining the situation and how you know the old place is gone. Once its approved I'd add your location. Its that easy; get rid of the old place then create your own feature listing.

Don't: Claim the former business, nor attempt to edit the old business to make your own.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom