Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

New way to claim CitySearch listings

A long-time member of my "tribe" just let me know that CitySearch has finally given us a way to claim existing business listings for free.

Here's the link:

https://signup.citygrid.com/cyb/find_business

As you know, for the past year-plus the only way to make changes to your CitySearch listing is to email the folks at myaccount@citygridmedia.com. (Although if you claimed your listing before their "submit" area broke in 2011 or 2012, you probably haven't had to email anyone to make changes.)

There appears to be a phone-verification, but that's it. (No postcards or ad-program "gotchas" that I can see)

Name:  citysearch-claim.jpg
Views: 6473
Size:  53.8 KB

I think you still have to email the CitySearch people at the above address if you're submitting a new listing for the first time (rather than claiming one that's already in the system). But hey, this is a step in the right direction.

I'll be going through the claim process with my clients, but in the meantime I'd be interested in hearing what you guys and gals think of it.

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Re: New way to claim CitySearch listings

Phil, I thought the phone verification option has been around for several months now? Is there something new that they have added or subtracted from the process?
    Colan Nielsen l GMB Top Contributor
    Vice President, Local Search at Sterling Sky
    Connect on Google + and Twitter

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Colan Nielsen View Post
    Phil, I thought the phone verification option has been around for several months now? Is there something new that they have added or subtracted from the process?
    I hadn't seen this before, so I assumed it was new. Had you seen that form before?

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Not sure if it's the exact same form, but I believe it is.

Either way, it's relatively new, and a great step in the right direction.
    Colan Nielsen l GMB Top Contributor
    Vice President, Local Search at Sterling Sky
    Connect on Google + and Twitter

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Gotcha. Thanks, Colan!

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Phil:

Trying it today 7/23/2013. Its not working. had to use 4 browsers. Chrome, firefox, and safari gave me error messages after adding business name and zip code and then clicked on the claim your business listing button.

With explorer when I clicked on that link the page moved me to the "create your account" status page. But there was nothing to do, nowhere to click. nada nothing.

With so many people fired from citygrid fairly recently, who knows if there is a systemic way to fix things. I'm going to email them and see if anything works.

Dave

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

@Dave

So you were trying to claim an existing listing?

Yeah, CitySearch is limping along on one leg with 3 busted toes. Just hope they don't encounter a banana peel.

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Yeah:

I'm working on one big project. I had sent out an email abt it. We bought an smb, are keeping the phone # and address but its a name change.

So that one is a large job. Basically all citation stuff is bad. All of that. I'll be direct hitting directories and sources as well as mass distribution.

One thing that had grabbed my attention were the enormous number of solicitations I had received from so many directories, each one claiming to be a major distribution source to other directories and charging a lot. None of them btw were the big 3 so it threw me. On top of that I've been taking sales calls from these other sources. Has taken up a bit of time.

On top of that I'm going back into some others and going to claim, clean, expand, etc.

Dave.

Meanwhile....citygrid???? who knows where they are these days. They let go about 60% of staff or something. They are understaffed and probably are weak right now about citation adding, updating, distribution, etc.

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Hey all, I'm fairly new to the profession. I followed GetListed's link (which was the mailto workaround) to get my new business listed (not claim an existing) and they immediately replied with:

"Thank you for your request. We’ll get back to you as soon as we can. In the meantime, you may find the following information helpful.

Edit a Business Profile
    Business owners can unlock their business profiles to update and add information for free.
    + Learn How to Claim a Business Profile

Add a Business
    If you’re trying to add a business, be sure you provided the business name, address and phone number. If the business does not already exist in our database, we’ll add it as soon as possible.

Dispute a User Review
    We take user review complaints very seriously. If we discover that a review is in violation of our Terms of Use it will be removed.
    + See Our Terms of Use

Sincerely,

CityGrid Customer Service"
    Hope this helps. I looked up this thread with just the intent to share that.

-Tony Leary