Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Outranking Vista Print In Need Of Some Help And Guidance?

So I put up a local business site about 2 and a half weeks ago and my client has a Vistaprint local business profile. Pretty much just like a business listing in Yellow pages, Yelp ect not an actual site...

He's had the Vista Print for about a year and they submitted his listing to all citation sites. I update his profile to link to his site I created for him but Vista still outranks his main site for about every keyword. Is this normal since the site is so new? Is there something I need to do to outrank it? I'm not new to Internet Marketing, but pretty new to Local Marketing, and I'm trying to make sure I do it right.

I was also wondering what are some good strategy's to help push it to the top for all keywords? I've already set up Google + local (just waiting to confirm the pin) I've done the Youtube videos, Twitter, Facebook Business Page, Pinterest, citation sites ect... Just wondering if there are some other tactics to apply? He doesn't have much competition at all, there is only a total of like 4 stores in the city that are his competition and of course they are all outranking him right now. He does cell phone repair, buying used phones, selling used and new phones and those are the keywords I am setting it all up around.

Any help advise or tips would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Brad

2. Local Marketing Summit banner in thread
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Outranking Vista Print In Need Of Some Help And Guidance?

Brad,

Can you provide some more detail so we can help?

A link to the website and the keywords you are trying to target would be a good start.

Thanks.
    Colan Nielsen l GMB Top Contributor
    Vice President, Local Search at Sterling Sky
    Connect on Google + and Twitter

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Colan Nielsen View Post
    Brad,

Can you provide some more detail so we can help?

A link to the website and the keywords you are trying to target would be a good start.

Thanks.
    Certainly! Thank you Colan

The site is 360 Wireless Boise

Here's a few of the keywords I'm trying to rank his site for

Cell phone repair Boise/Boise ID
    used cell phones Boise/Boise ID
    Iphone Repair Boise
    Android Repair Boise
    Cell Phone Store Boise
    Cell phone service Boise

These are just a couple, but they are pretty much the main ones.

So far I've only done a few citation sites because his the profile he has with Vista print automatically submits the info to a bunch of other citation sites, He was already set up with Google Places so I added his website/photos/better description but it wasn't showing the change, which I realized because he needed Google + Local now. So I'm waiting for the verification code for that. I've done a few Social Bookmark Profiles, Added his link to Facebook and Twitter and Pinterest and that's about it so far.

Not sure what else to do for local stuff. For my bigger sites I would set up several 2.0 sites and get random back-links on high PR sites from all around, but I wasn't sure if that applys for local marketing or not. Which is what brought me here

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone?

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am in a rush right now. But I will certainly look at this later today and see if I can offer any thoughts or insight!

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marie Ysais View Post
    I am in a rush right now. But I will certainly look at this later today and see if I can offer any thoughts or insight!
    Thank you Marie, I would greatly appreciate any assitance. Like I said I'm not new to Internet Marketing by any means just to the local SEO stuff, so I just want to make sure I'm doing it correctly as this is one of my first local clients.

Thanks again

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi there, I was able to take a quick look. If you are looking to compete locally then you will need to tighten up your on page SEO. For instance the map on the home page is pointing to a street address and not actually the client's Google+ account.

Something else that really stood out is your title tag. The title tag needs to be well crafted around your main keyword and also your location you are trying to rank.

The website is new so with some tweaks you would be able to pull ahead. In local on page SEO is really big and can really help with local. Your Google+ is also very important and it really needs to be crafted to indicate your keywords and location. I read that you are in the process of working on that one.

You also mentioned links. It depends on how tough your competition is for the keywords. I have seen improvements with local with back links. But I have seen bigger improvements in local with on page SEO and a well crafted Google+ local account.

I hope this gives you a little more insight into local. If you have any questions about on page seo for local let me know. I wasn't able to go through the entire website.

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you Marie for taking the time to offer some tips for me. I'll certainly work on the On-page SEO for the site.

One quick question I had though, you mentioned the Google Map was pointing towards the address and not the Google + account. The address is his business location.

Is there somewhere online to get a map that points back to their Google + account for their address?

I just went to Google Maps and put their address in and got the HTML code for it.

Thanks again for your help

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, just go to the google+ account: https://plus.google.com/101360246423516125435/about, then click on the map and it will allow you to grab that code. That will map directly to your clients Google+ account, have his address and all of his contact information.

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

YOU ROCK MARIE!! Double big thank you very much again for the help