More threads by burton4550

Reaction score
So I put up a local business site about 2 and a half weeks ago and my client has a Vistaprint local business profile. Pretty much just like a business listing in Yellow pages, Yelp ect not an actual site...

He's had the Vista Print for about a year and they submitted his listing to all citation sites. I update his profile to link to his site I created for him but Vista still outranks his main site for about every keyword. Is this normal since the site is so new? Is there something I need to do to outrank it? I'm not new to Internet Marketing, but pretty new to Local Marketing, and I'm trying to make sure I do it right.

I was also wondering what are some good strategy's to help push it to the top for all keywords? I've already set up Google + local (just waiting to confirm the pin) I've done the Youtube videos, Twitter, Facebook Business Page, Pinterest, citation sites ect... Just wondering if there are some other tactics to apply? He doesn't have much competition at all, there is only a total of like 4 stores in the city that are his competition and of course they are all outranking him right now. He does cell phone repair, buying used phones, selling used and new phones and those are the keywords I am setting it all up around.

Any help advise or tips would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Brad

Brad,

Can you provide some more detail so we can help?

A link to the website and the keywords you are trying to target would be a good start.

Thanks.

Brad,

Can you provide some more detail so we can help?

A link to the website and the keywords you are trying to target would be a good start.

Thanks.

Certainly! :) Thank you Colan

The site is 360 Wireless Boise

Here's a few of the keywords I'm trying to rank his site for

Cell phone repair Boise/Boise ID
used cell phones Boise/Boise ID
Iphone Repair Boise
Android Repair Boise
Cell Phone Store Boise
Cell phone service Boise

These are just a couple, but they are pretty much the main ones.

So far I've only done a few citation sites because his the profile he has with Vista print automatically submits the info to a bunch of other citation sites, He was already set up with Google Places so I added his website/photos/better description but it wasn't showing the change, which I realized because he needed Google + Local now. So I'm waiting for the verification code for that. I've done a few Social Bookmark Profiles, Added his link to Facebook and Twitter and Pinterest and that's about it so far.

Not sure what else to do for local stuff. For my bigger sites I would set up several 2.0 sites and get random back-links on high PR sites from all around, but I wasn't sure if that applys for local marketing or not. Which is what brought me here :)

I am in a rush right now. But I will certainly look at this later today and see if I can offer any thoughts or insight!

Thank you Marie, I would greatly appreciate any assitance. Like I said I'm not new to Internet Marketing by any means just to the local SEO stuff, so I just want to make sure I'm doing it correctly as this is one of my first local clients.

Thanks again :)

Hi there, I was able to take a quick look. If you are looking to compete locally then you will need to tighten up your on page SEO. For instance the map on the home page is pointing to a street address and not actually the client's Google+ account.

Something else that really stood out is your title tag. The title tag needs to be well crafted around your main keyword and also your location you are trying to rank.

The website is new so with some tweaks you would be able to pull ahead. In local on page SEO is really big and can really help with local. Your Google+ is also very important and it really needs to be crafted to indicate your keywords and location. I read that you are in the process of working on that one.

You also mentioned links. It depends on how tough your competition is for the keywords. I have seen improvements with local with back links. But I have seen bigger improvements in local with on page SEO and a well crafted Google+ local account.

I hope this gives you a little more insight into local. If you have any questions about on page seo for local let me know. I wasn't able to go through the entire website.

Thank you Marie for taking the time to offer some tips for me. I'll certainly work on the On-page SEO for the site.

One quick question I had though, you mentioned the Google Map was pointing towards the address and not the Google + account. The address is his business location.

Is there somewhere online to get a map that points back to their Google + account for their address?

I just went to Google Maps and put their address in and got the HTML code for it.

Thanks again for your help :)

hehe, you still need some help bud. To echo the above, your onpage isn't focused around the services you're interested in getting exposure for.

Is there even any search volume for these terms? You might try running the most popular services through a tool like term explorer, reg an emd, and let it marinate for a bit. That would make things little easier on you if you're unsure how to rank for stuff. (still need to tighten up your onpage for everything)

Can you edit the VP profile page? You can actually use it to your benefit by making some simple title tag adjustments... they rank simply off of domain authority for low comp terms. I'm sure if you run the profile url through ahrefs or opensitexplorer, you'll find zero links (although some citation syndication is happening). If you check some of the terms you listed though, you'll find the VP profile is really centered around the business name... And I'm getting the impressions you see it as competition??

hehe, you still need some help bud. To echo the above, your onpage isn't focused around the services you're interested in getting exposure for.

Is there even any search volume for these terms? You might try running the most popular services through a tool like term explorer, reg an emd, and let it marinate for a bit. That would make things little easier on you if you're unsure how to rank for stuff. (still need to tighten up your onpage for everything)

Can you edit the VP profile page? You can actually use it to your benefit by making some simple title tag adjustments... they rank simply off of domain authority for low comp terms. I'm sure if you run the profile url through ahrefs or opensitexplorer, you'll find zero links (although some citation syndication is happening). If you check some of the terms you listed though, you'll find the VP profile is really centered around the business name... And I'm getting the impressions you see it as competition??

Yes, yes I do still need some help! What exactly do I need to do to tighten up my on-page SEO? I've got the main keyword at the top and the bottom and now changed my title tag as well to the keyword. I've got LSI keywords and other services all through out the content.

What else needs to be done for the On Page?

Yeah I can edit the VP profile as well. I did that already and added a description of all his cell phone services he provides and added several of the top searched keywords. Not sure what else?

This site is by far the biggest pain in the A** lol . I've done sites with far more competition and been able to rank on the first page, but this local SEO stuff I'm lost :eek:

Are we looking at the same site?!?! 360 Wireless Boise

Where in there do you have optimized title tags?

Sure your content is stuffed up quite a bit, but I have no idea why you'd want to rank for the brand "360 Wireless" ....pretty much a waste of time in terms of bringing in new customers.

Am I missing something or smoking that wacky tobacky??

I don't mean to be rude when you respond bud, but I can't be doing entire critiques in a forum post. In fact, this can likely be fixed in the same amount of time it takes to respond to this thread.

If you want, I'll help you for free. Have your site open in a code editor, and call me at 407-433-1023. We'll need 15 minutes.

Thanks Matt, appreciate the help. I'll be at my regular day job till about 630 MST so I'll try and give a call when I get home.

I do see where your talking about though. I just changed the Title of it in the Paragraph not the actual H1 Title for the site.

Thanks again for your help and I'll try and give ya a ring,
Brad

Backlinks, backlinks, backlinks:) If you have applied all other local seo tactics discussed in this forum and you're still not ranking where you want to be, you have to get more backlinks...and not just any backlinks either.

The best way to discover the ideal backlinks is to reverse engineer the backlinks of your competition.

Travis Van Slooten

Backlinks, backlinks, backlinks:) If you have applied all other local seo tactics discussed in this forum and you're still not ranking where you want to be, you have to get more backlinks...and not just any backlinks either.

The best way to discover the ideal backlinks is to reverse engineer the backlinks of your competition.

Travis Van Slooten

Hi Travis thanks for the reply.

What kind of back links would you suggest for local sites, just curious? Are web 2.0's any good, niche related forum sites even if they're not in the local area, articles ect..?

I know Google + is huge, citations, on page SEO and all that good stuff.

I'm assuming forum related ones are pretty good since the guy above you made a few post's on here linking back to his local SEO site he has.

Since he wasn't very much help anyway, I'm guessing it was all for a back-link lol

Cheers,
Brad

Brad:

To be honest, we treat "local sites" like any other site so employ the same backlinking techniques. The first thing we'll do is take a look at where the competition is getting their links from and try to get links from the same places. Then the rest we get links like we'd get links for any kind of site - press releases, guest blog posts, business directories (citations), and from high PR websites.

Travis Van Slooten

It's simple well kind of all search engines use a static function (algorithm) (age of domain,link back,keywords) etc. Your best option to outrank them would be to create very tight keywords and to get a decent amount of links back to them, work on that on a daily basis and you can outrank them.

I didn't call you back did I? Sorry bud.

I'll be in a meeting from 730-10 tonight, but if you haven't gotten this ironed out feel free to call me late again Brad.

Last edited by a moderator:

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom