More threads by Colan Nielsen

Colan Nielsen

Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
What are the differences in these 3 similar but obviously different ways of reporting issues to Google:

1. Troubleshooter -[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"The Business No Longer Exists"[/FONT]
  2. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Report a Problem - "[/FONT]Place is permanently closed"
  3. Report a Problem - "Place does not exist or is private"

Are these 3 reporting features designed to report distinctly different issues, or is there cross-over, so that, for example, all of the methods could be used to report the same thing.

Hope that makes sense.

I'd say the main difference between the Troubleshooter (#1) and #2 is that Google knows that an issue brought up via the Troubleshooter is from the owner of a claimed listing. Otherwise, I'd say that the two overlap completely.

My understanding of #3 is that you'd only use it to flag down a spam listing, or maybe to tell Google that you'd like your own listing suppressed (because of, say, privacy concerns).

Good thread, Colan!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom