More threads by laurie

laurie

Reaction score
How can I delete a g+ local business page without deleting the whole profile?

Thanks!

Hi Laurie,

I just want to make sure I know which page you are talking about before I advise. Are you referring to a G+ Local page or a G+ Business page?

Can you post a link to the listing? No worries if you can't :)

How can I delete a g+ local business page without deleting the whole profile?

Thanks!

You could certainly delete the page from Google maps in your dashboard. I don't know what you mean with deleting the page but not your profile.

I want to delete it because we listed it with a UPS address and the business is actually switching over to another name anyway. I don't want Google to delete us, so I want to do it. I did just find where to delete it from maps - is that all I need to do?

Odd, I can't find the listing in Map Maker and it's not allowing me to access the Report a Problem feature for the listing. I wonder if it's already been flagged.

First of all, remove it from the Places Account which I think you have already completed.

I was thinking the best bet would be to report it as "Place Does Not Exist or is Private" via Report a Problem right from the listing. Or possibly reporting as closed...

Andrew has really good insight into matters like this. Hopefully he will stop by.

If i understand the question correctly,

You can delete the G+ Local page but not the entire account by simply logging into your Google+ account --> Profile --> Pages tab (in the left sidebar) --> find your page and click the dropdown arrrow, select "Settings" --> scroll to the bottom, and select delete this page/account --> confirm the deletion and you should be finished.

If i understand the question correctly,

You can delete the G+ Local page but not the entire account by simply logging into your Google+ account --> Profile --> Pages tab (in the left sidebar) --> find your page and click the dropdown arrrow, select "Settings" --> scroll to the bottom, and select delete this page/account --> confirm the deletion and you should be finished.

That would be the way to delete a G+ Business page from a G+ Profile. The listing that Laurie linked to is a G+ Local page which resides in the Google Places Dashboard.

No need to apologize whatsoever :)

Confusing is an understatement.

Odd, I can't find the listing in Map Maker and it's not allowing me to access the Report a Problem feature for the listing. I wonder if it's already been flagged.

First of all, remove it from the Places Account which I think you have already completed.

I was thinking the best bet would be to report it as "Place Does Not Exist or is Private" via Report a Problem right from the listing. Or possibly reporting as closed...

Andrew has really good insight into matters like this. Hopefully he will stop by.
I saw something to indicate that SABs are not able to be edited in GMM now. I will report back.

Regarding the UPS address, if you're worried just change the address in the dashboard if you're able. Since its a SAB the address is hidden and won't be exposed beyond Google.

When the name changes you'll have to close the old G+L page via Maps/dashboard and create a new listing.

Regarding the UPS address, if you're worried just change the address in the dashboard if you're able. Since its a SAB the address is hidden and won't be exposed beyond Google.

Thanks Andrew!

Only problem is that Google has an ongoing issue with hidden addresses showing up in MapMaker as well as on the G+ Local page...:(:(

Interesting discussion. And yes, this is all very confusing!

Thanks so much for all of your input. I deleted the page in places and think I"ll leave it at that for now.

Oops - I just checked it again in places, and it says the account was "suspended." Is that normal when you delete it from maps? Or did Google suspend it?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom