More threads by JacobPuhl

Reaction score
Hey all,

Just checking to see if anyone else has come across localeze no longer catering to free listings. We wrote some details here.. curious to hear anyone else's experience the past few days? Important Citation Website Localeze No Longer Free |

As some know, localeze has been having many issues lately.

See forum here: http://localsearchforum.catalystemarketing.com/local-search/5517-localeze-problem.html

... and Phil's post and comments here: LocalEze Category List | LocalVisibilitySystem.com

Interesting ...

Our powers combined! :)

I don't see it as a huge deal to boot. The way continues to be managing each and every citation listing manually and individually, as tedious as it is...

---------- Post Merged at 04:47 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:47 PM --------

Our powers combined! :)

I don't see it as a huge deal to boot. The way continues to be managing each and every citation listing manually and individually, as tedious as it is...

I agree completely. Not a big deal, but a PIA and not 100% Kosher, in my opinion.

In the US, Localeze is a critical primary listing source. It has a great deal of reach and because they verify the listings in their database, their data is highly trusted in the industry. As such it shows up on places that you might not think or have trouble claiming. It is also the source of bad data for the ecosystem and particularly Google.

That being said, their change in policy is not really a change in policy. Localeze has never verified free listings that used VOIP or cell phones. IE they only verified free listings that they could "see" via their technology, that is land lines. Now they have made that explicit.

Thus if a business had a voip or cell number before they needed to pay and if they do now they need to pay. Thus not much change in the reality.

What is crazy is Localeze's bizarre pricing scheme that makes claiming a one off listing so expensive.

I've never been clear on exactly where LocalEze's data comes from originally (i.e. "the technology they can 'see'," as you put it, Mike). I'm pretty sure that - like InfoGroup - it's a combination of phone companies, government biz-registration documents, and directories like YP. But I've always been very hazy on the specifics. IMHO, it would be very cool to do a "blown-up" version of David's Ecosystem, which would zoom in on LocalEze and InfoGroup and their sources (if any non-employees know them).

Localeze's core technology is the ability to "see" data moving through phone switches. So they know if a phone number is real and actively being used or is dead. How they match that up with real businesses I do not know but I assume that they have a telco deal of some sort.

Thus their strength is auto verifying active land lines. If a user has a VOIP or mobile phone, it won't show automatically in their system so it needs to be manually verified and thus the charge.

Historically, InfoGroup scanned the printed Yellowpages for their source material.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom