More threads by Marie Ysais

Reaction score
I had a Google+ Business page that I merged and then realized about not being able to hide the address.
I then followed the steps to delete the merged Google+ Business page following the instructions:
Google Groups

After I deleted the Google+ Business page my url would display a 404 error page. After a few days the listing was back and no longer 404 error. It was the regular Local places listing.

But now the listing is once again showing a 404 error.

I did a search for the listing on map maker and I don't see it. What else can I do to research this further?

The dashboard appears normal and everything is there but when you click on View it shows a 404 error.
I am okay with starting over if needed. I am just curious as to what went wrong.

Ironically, Google Groups
as of April 10, you can now hide your address. I deleted my page before April 10th. :rolleyes:

Marie,

Have you tried posting on the Google Forum? Maybe it's something that Jade can help you with...

Another option could be to use the troubleshooter and report that the "My listing no longer appears on Google Maps or is incorrectly marked as closed."

I was getting ready to do just that! I just wanted to make sure no one had heard of a bug or anything weird first.
I can take my time with this one as it does NOT have me pulling out my hair! I was just curious. Seemed odd and...
the Alanis Morissette song plays through my head.....Ironic!

What's really Ironic about that song is that most of her examples aren't irony at all:

It's like rain on your wedding day
No, that's bad luck and frustrating but it's not irony

It's a free ride when you've already paid
Maybe... a stretch but maybe

It's the good advice that you just didn't take
No that's just bad choices

A traffic jam when you're already late
Nope. Annoying but not ironic

A no-smoking sign on your cigarette break
Okay I'll give you that one I guess

It's like 10,000 spoons when all you need is a knife
I don't think so, no...

Marie,

Have you tried posting on the Google Forum? Maybe it's something that Jade can help you with...

Another option could be to use the troubleshooter and report that the "My listing no longer appears on Google Maps or is incorrectly marked as closed."

Deleted listings aren't really deleted as far as I know. You should use the troubleshooter and post in the forum as recomended. Furthermore, you should emphasize that you deleted the page for privacy reasons and shouldn't be penalized due a "bug."

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom