More threads by Ray Litvak

Reaction score
Hi Colan,

Thank you for your quick reply :)

Question #2: So for all intents and purposes, Google Places and its review option has been replaced by G+ and the Zagat rating system, correct?

Being a long time Google Placer, I still have trouble wrapping my head around the switch to G+ as it seems that remnants of Google Places still exist.

-Ray

Hi Ray,

I moved this to it's own thread so that it's not buried in your intro thread. It's an interesting topic.

The Zagat rating system has indeed replaced the old star rating system that Google Places used. Rather unfortunately in a lot of people's opinion.

Your not alone in trying to wrap your head around all of this. There is indeed still a Google Places. Basically, the back-end ie. the dashboard is still referred to as Google Places for Business. The front-end ie. the listings, are referred to as a G+ Local page.

@Ray

Essentially "Zagat" is just the new name for Google Places reviews. Why? Because Google bought Zagat Survey and thinks it sounds hip.

So that's the first difference. The only other differences between the "new" (AKA Zagat) reviews and the Google Places reviews we know (and love?) are that (1) there's the annoying 30-point scale rather than the nice golden review stars, and (2) customers need to have a Google Plus page to leave a review, rather than just a Google account.

Probably none of that was news to you, but hope it helps.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom