More threads by Optimize Prime

Solutions
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've found a temporary work around to remove a listing from your dashboard. Sorry if it's old news. You can view the original Here and the walk through below:

I thought I would offer a little insight on a feature that "seems" to have been removed. In the old Google Places, you had the option to remove your listing or, suspend, it from your account.

+Capture+%23061+-+'Google+Places'+-+www_google_com_local_add_businessCenter_hl=en-US&gl=US&pli=1.png
Those options seem to have been removed from the new Places dashboard, or have they?

Dun dun dunnnnn....

With a little poking around, here is what has been found. There is a way to remove a listing from your places account, albeit a little round about, but that's what us Google Places junkies are all about right?

Although there is no direct option to remove the listing when you are editing a Places listing, scroll all the way to the bottom of the page, or simply follow THIS link.
w_google_com_local_business_edit_l_13391996760254871319_hl=en-US&migratedId=09007254728753455195.png

This will take you to another screen that allows you the option of "I no longer want this business listing to be verified in my dashboard". Make sure to have the correct email and URL for your places page. You will be given a thank you message. In about a week, and email will show up, confirming removal of the listing.

Final.png

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the first time I've noticed that. Great find, thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the info! I was wondering how Google expected us to remove pages. I imagine there will be a more clear way to delete pages in the future.

Awesome info OP! Thanks so much for sharing it and for the screenshots.

I think we need new titles in our business since Google makes it all so hard to figure out. Why can't anything be straight forward? Which do you like better?

Dr. of Local Search?

or

Google Local Detective?

:p

I can't find the option to remove a verified listing from my Places account, does this method still work?

It sure does. It takes a few days but I just had one removed this morning.

:D

can you please cover the steps to get to the option for "I no longer want this business listing to be verified in my dashboard"?

the only option that comes close for me is the "My listing has incorrect information." option, which is close but not quite what you posted.

Awesome find, I never saw that. In step 2, should you put in the url of the actual live page or should you put the url of the listing dashboard? If a page isn't live, but you want to remove it from your dashboard then you wouldn't actually have a page URL. Thoughts on that?

can you please cover the steps to get to the option for "I no longer want this business listing to be verified in my dashboard"?

the only option that comes close for me is the "My listing has incorrect information." option, which is close but not quite what you posted.

Darren are you using the new dashboard?

I need to log into my test account and try some stuff, but I think help docs and troubleshooter may have changed some. I remember that option being hard to find every time I've looked for it though.

Awesome find, I never saw that. In step 2, should you put in the url of the actual live page or should you put the url of the listing dashboard? If a page isn't live, but you want to remove it from your dashboard then you wouldn't actually have a page URL. Thoughts on that?

Great point Eric. I'm not sure.

Also and even more important, if you get a new client that has claimed dupes for the same listing, they would all be merged live into the one URL. You would not want to say "remove this G+ L page". That option needs to somehow be tied to the indiv listings in your account, not to a live page.

When I get time to log into my test account I'll poke around and see if I can find a better option. If not I'll escalate to Google.

Has the listing merged with a Google+ page yet? If so, see if you can delete that first.

Linda,

Yes, this is in the new dashboard, let me know what you find.

Ok so I did some testing. Apparently you can't have a Google+ page associated with the map listing. Once the page is deleted, then the option, "I no longer want this business listing to be verified in my dashboard", shows up when the 'report problems with this listing' is clicked. If anyone is seeing anything different, please pipe in.

I came accross this same situation myself today with a client. Unlike the old dashboard, just removing from the dashboard was not an option. This thread was a big help! We at least reported the duplicate verified listing, unfortunately I still don't know what to do about the 2 unverified listings in his dashboard.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom