More threads by sharack

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have uploaded images for my Google places listing about a week ago, when I click on my business listing I still don't see them live.. how long does it take for the images to be live to the public?

Re: uploading images on Google places listing

It will usually take about 6 weeks for pics to go live when uploaded through the dashboard.

Rawly is right on.

If you must get the photos to go live faster you can upload them as a Google user directly to the listing. This method can get them up in a couple days.

Thanks Scott and Colan.. you guys are amazing

Colan as per your recommendation Can I please ask:
1- is this where i says "upload first public photo"?
2- when I click on the above it takes me to signup to google, Can I do that as the business owner or does it have to be a google user?
3- can I upload 10 image using this method?
4- do I have to delete the photos first on my dashboard?

Colan as per your recommendation Can I please ask:
1- is this where i says "upload first public photo"?
2- when I click on the above it takes me to signup to google, Can I do that as the business owner or does it have to be a google user?
3- can I upload 10 image using this method?
4- do I have to delete the photos first on my dashboard?

Yes, you must have a G+ account to upload the photos from. I don't think there is a limit on how many you can upload. You don't have to delete the photos from your account first.

With that said, I feel that it's better to have the photos in your Places Dash first. Once those are maxed out, you can add more as a user. If you don't mind the wait, I say it's better to wait.

Also, once a G+ Local page has been upgraded to a Local G+ page with the social features, the photos get uploaded VIA the G+ interface, not the dashboard.

All of this stuff should be simplified once all listings have the new Google Places Dashboard. I can't wait for that.

Thanks Colan for the valuable info you have provided me. I will keep that in mind.

I have uploaded 10 images from my dashboard. Now from a ranking stand point does it really matter if the photos are public? if not then I can wait for the 6 weeks period.

also Colan if I may ask, I have geo tagged the photos using geosetter program, and renamed the files (images) keyword specific for KWDs I want to rank for, when I right click on the images on my dashboard it does not show the filenames as specified, anything I am missing here?

Thanks

sharack, I would not worry about the images for ranking too much. It's important to have a fully completed listing and the images can help conversion rates, so yes they are important.

But I don't believe image file names or geotagging are going to give a direct ranking boost, the way they may have back when it was the old pack algo.

The current blended algo is heavily weighted toward organic SEO factors. That's why you will often see a bare unclaimed listing with NO image, NO description, NO reviews, NO anything in the #1 spot above fully optimized listings. The organic SEO factors are the main thing now.

Again that isn't to say images, citations and reviews are not important. They all are for a variety of reasons. But the blended algo is a lot more complicated now and you can't jump to the top, just because you do a great job of optimizing the Place page, like you could in the past.

Thank you very much Linda. Great info here.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom