More threads by MiriamEllis

Reaction score
newplacesforbusinessdashsm.jpg

In looking at screenshots people have shared of the address area of the new/upcoming Google Places for Business Dashboard, I am seeing something in the language that I find odd.

If you look at the above shot, the popup allows you to choose, "My business has services areas where I visit customers at their location."

If you click this, the popup expands.

The first checkbox is for "I serve customers at my business address" and this is followed by the city/zip and mileage radius tools.

If you've just checked the box that says you serve within a service area, why are you also being given a box to say that you serve customers at your business address? This just isn't making sense to me, unless it's meant for businesses that do both - both serve in-house and on the road.

What do you think is intended by this language? What does Google want?

----Oh, Crumb! Title of this was supposed to read New G Places For Business FORM...not forum. Sorry. Must have had fora on the brain, and I can't seem to edit the title.-----

newplacesforbusinessdashsm.jpg

a.jpg

In looking at screenshots people have shared of the address area of the new/upcoming Google Places for Business Dashboard, I am seeing something in the language that I find odd.

If you look at the above shot, the popup allows you to choose, "My business has services areas where I visit customers at their location."

If you click this, the popup expands.

The first checkbox is for "I serve customers at my business address" and this is followed by the city/zip and mileage radius tools.

If you've just checked the box that says you serve within a service area, why are you also being given a box to say that you serve customers at your business address? This just isn't making sense to me, unless it's meant for businesses that do both - both serve in-house and on the road.

What do you think is intended by this language? What does Google want?

----Oh, Crumb! Title of this was supposed to read New G Places For Business FORM...not forum. Sorry. Must have had fora on the brain, and I can't seem to edit the title.-----
The reason is many businesses have an auxiliary service in which they do delivery business. The main ones are pizza resturants, other food establishments, repair businesses, etc.

Andrew, thank you so much for your reply. So, in your understanding, a business like a pizza restaurant that delivers would choose:

1) My business has services areas where I visit customers at their location

and also

2) I serve customers at my business address

And then would choose whether they want city/zip or radius.

I'm pretty sure this is what you are saying. Wow, I wish the language were a bit clearer in the form, if so. The simple addition of an 'also' to 'I also serve customers at my business address," would make this a whole lot clearer, in my opinion.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom