More threads by prota

prota

Reaction score
I was wondering, if anyone has any advice on how to do citations for a service area business? I have heard that you can hide your address s on certain local listing sites(Google,YP,Yahoo Etc). How would I put an address on my site, that would not be the physical address of the location? Thanks for your help.

Use the address that is listed but hidden on the G+ Local listing. Do not hide it on any of the citations (Google is not going to find it that way). It would also help to list that address on the website, but you could list another address as well if desired.

I was wondering, if anyone has any advice on how to do citations for a service area business? I have heard that you can hide your address s on certain local listing sites(Google,YP,Yahoo Etc). How would I put an address on my site, that would not be the physical address of the location? Thanks for your help.

What Broland said is right on the money. It's fine to have any address on your site, although it's ideal to have the address that you're "hiding" on your Google and third-party listings.

You may have seen the two posts I did on exactly this topic:

Private Local Citations: Where Can You List Your Business But "Hide" Your Address?

Can You Rank Well in Local Google without Revealing Your Street Address Anywhere?

The problem is, it is a home business that delivers to a service area. The client does not want their adress listed on their website. Would it be advisable to list it without the exact house number? Thanks for your

---------- Post Merged at 08:42 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:42 PM ----------

The problem is, it is a home business that delivers to a service area. The client does not want their adress listed on their website. Would it be advisable to list it without the exact house number? Thanks for your Help

It don't think it will make a big difference if the exact street address isn't on the website. You'll want the phone number on every page, though.

Phil has given great advice. You don't have to list the address but make sure the phone number is as Phil suggested on every page. I have worked on several service business account and I have not listed the address due to the client's wishes. They still rank great. Also, Phil's blog posts that he mentioned has a lot of really great information and will help you in your process.

Yes, I've had a few clients who don't like to have their address visible on the website (due to privacy reasons). Admittedly, I've tried to talk them round most of the time, and it's worked. But, if it is a real issue, Phil's advice seems to be the best bet - make sure to keep the phone number visible.

Any updated guidance on the G+ for Biz and (re)verification issue for SABs? I created G+ pages for all clients when it first came out, but have held off verification/merging.

Now, some of the information on client's G+ pages is wrong (I know I didn't do it and fairly certain client's didn't either). For me to edit the business and correct the info I must verify the listing again. But it is a SAB and I smell a trap.

Any updated guidance on the G+ for Biz and (re)verification issue for SABs? I created G+ pages for all clients when it first came out, but have held off verification/merging.

Now, some of the information on client's G+ pages is wrong (I know I didn't do it and fairly certain client's didn't either). For me to edit the business and correct the info I must verify the listing again. But it is a SAB and I smell a trap.

Hi Jim - 2 issues.

1) Still hold off and do not merge. IF both pages are in same account you'll be able to merge once the clients get the new dashboard and 1 button upgrade to G+ option.

2) "For me to edit the business and correct the info I must verify the listing again."

NO that's bad messaging and I've told Google but they don't see fit to correct it I guess. The messaging "MEANS" your info won't show up up in search or on maps unless you verify IE merge. It does not mean you can't edit or correct the info. It only 'sounds' like you can't edit, but you totally can!

Google is just koo koo sometimes!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom