More threads by tad_liebman

Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried to merge a bulk upload to Google Places with existing Google Plus pages? I would imagine this could be a very sticky situation.

Hi Tad,

Hope, not supported and I would not even try it. Even multi-location businesses that are managed as individual listings done in the dashboard are not supposed to merge with Google+ yet.

See point 2, section 2 here. That advice still stands. In fact with the roll out of the new Places dashboard, Google is still recommending even individual listings not merge yet until they get the new dash with the new G+ widget.

Plus my 2 cents is that merging one location is buggy enough as it is. I think it would be self inflicted torture to try to do it for many locations. :eek:

Thank you very much for the feedback. Any idea of a timeline when this might become possible?

No, Google does not give timelines or projections.

My assumption is, it's all hands on deck - working on finishing the new dashboard and getting merge problems ironed out for the 2 most common scenarios; single location storefronts and service area businesses.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom