More threads by erjdavis

Reaction score
Hey All,

Another newbie question here :)

Should I be creating backlinks to the Google+ Listing page to help with rankings? I know this is important in normal SEO...but was curious if it's beneficial for Local pages.

Thanks,

Eric

Great question. It's probably not going to hurt, but getting links to your Google+Local page isn't really going to help, either. Your best bet would be to win those links for your site.

Great question. It's probably not going to hurt, but getting links to your Google+Local page isn't really going to help, either. Your best bet would be to win those links for your site.

Thanks for the reply, Phil!

Totally agree with you Phil that building (or attracting ;)) quality links to your website should be the primary goal. Theoretically though, wouldn't it also be possible to rank a Google+ local page in the organic search by building links to it. That way a business could potentially grab another page 1 spot, if that's what they're after.

Interesting point, Nick...yeah, I guess theoretically it would work, although I'm not sure that the way to rank a Google+ page would be to get links. The mark of a popular page would be Plus shares, circles, and reviews, I would think. Links to a Plus (local) page just doesn't seem natural, and I can't see Google placing much weight on them. But all of that is just speculation on my part, obviously.

Totally agree with you Phil that building (or attracting ;)) quality links to your website should be the primary goal. Theoretically though, wouldn't it also be possible to rank a Google+ local page in the organic search by building links to it. That way a business could potentially grab another page 1 spot, if that's what they're after.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom