More threads by Linda Buquet

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
What did Smart Motors Toyota/Scion of Wisconsin do when Google dropped most of their Google reviews? They created this VERY professional video to explain their poor ratings to customers and highlight their company strengths.

In August they had 49 Google reviews and score of 22. Then Google dropped all their positive reviews so they only had 12 - ALL negative. (At time of recording) Today they are showing 22 with a score of 13. Smart Motors Toyota/Scion Google+ Local Page.

CHECK THE VIDEO BELOW - super well done! The GM states: "We are experiencing some technical difficulties with the review mechanism on our Google Local Page. No one is perfect and I'll be the 1st to admit that." He goes on to explain the picture painted on their local page currently is far from accurate.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/y-4MyuxY89E?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

"What happened to our Google Local Scores??? - A short video explaining the recent drop in our Google Local Scores and a little more history and background on why Smart Motors Toyota/Scion is Wisconsin's #1 Volume Toyota Dealer!"

Well played Smart Motors. Well played!

What do you think? Wasn't that video nicely done and a great idea?

This is 100% awesome! I swear, I'd like to deliver a smartness award to these folks. Utterly brilliant and big applause to the owners and marketers at this auto dealership for taking this out-of-the-box, proactive approach to sending their own message when Google drops the ball. I am so impressed. Thanks for highlighting this, Linda!

Too bad customers will never see this video, though. They don't even have it posted under the "video" section of the G+ Local page. And double fail for relying on a Google property to address a Google problem.

I do like the tone and the method of communication in the video, though. And I really applaud this place using some creativity in their approach to marketing their business online. I just wonder if all their 70 views came from you posting it here and on G+.

Again, I do like the video but, if it were me, I don't know if I would consider this a great use of time and resources although I do like the direction.

Good points Chase AND thanks for joining us today and contributing to the local conversation!

Thanks Linda! Glad to be here, I've been meaning to join for a while now.

Thanks for providing this Local discussion forum for us.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom